Contribute
Register

[GUIDE]HP Spectre x360 13-ap0037TU(Late 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone able to boot to opencore from internal SSD EFI? I tried the Preloader.efi method but it did not work for me.

Has anyone able to boot to opencore from internal SSD EFI? I tried the Preloader.efi method but it did not work for me.
I also set OpenCore according to the guide, but OpenCore did not boot.

Hi,

I try to install Catalina in my HP spectre x360 8th and cannot get the setup gui
Can you upload your full EFI folder?

This is my screen, is stuck here

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4777.jpg
    IMG_4777.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 115
Hi,

I try to install Catalina in my HP spectre x360 8th and cannot get the setup gui
Can you upload your full EFI folder?

This is my screen, is stuck here

Thanks
Try creating the DSDT again.
If you used my DSDT file, it may not work because my laptop is Japanese version.

Does thunderbolt 3 hotplug work? If it does I would certainly try to make a working config for opencore. I dislike clover. Also I used to have this problem with battery icon not refreshing on my old kaby lake hackintosh, I think it was solved with virtualsmc. Is it possible to get the touchscreen and pen working? Also the screen not turning on after sleep seems like a dealbreaker, have you looked for a solution?

Last edited:
Does thunderbolt 3 hotplug work? If it does I would certainly try to make a working config for opencore. I dislike clover. Also I used to have this problem with battery icon not refreshing on my old kaby lake hackintosh, I think it was solved with virtualsmc. Is it possible to get the touchscreen and pen working? Also the screen not turning on after sleep seems like a dealbreaker, have you looked for a solution?
Thunderbolt 3 is working very well. I was able to output the video. I tried it once with OpenCore, but it didn't start up successfully. In the first place, I have little experience with OpenCore and have never worked well. I was looking for a touch screen driver but none were suitable. Maybe there is something to look up now. It seems to be unstable when it comes to sleep, so we don't recommend sleep as much as possible.

OpenCore works for my system, I have an European ap-0xxx. I have a very similar model with whiskey lake core i5-8265u instead. I managed to install macos and boot to system.

I have intel wifi working with itlwm kext. Bluetooth should also work. Graphics acceleration, brightness, keyboard and trackpad works. Not sure about anything else. I will test tomorrow. My plan is to have everything you have stated works, working by tomorrow night also I'm using virtualsmc, I will add smc battery kext and see if the battery state updating bug is gone :)

A small update
What works?
・Keyboard
・Trackpad (not ideal, no gestures seem to work besides scrolling)
・Speaker
・Graphics acceleration
・USB
・Type-C to HDMI (kind of then not really ideal, internal display stops working and doesn't return when I disconnect)
・Headphone
・Screen brightness adjustment
・Battery status (updates just fine :)))
・App Store
・iCloud
・Wi-Fi
・Bluetooth
・Siri
・Screen returns after closing the lid

What doesn't work?
・Touch panel
・Fingerprint authentication sensor
・Camera (doesn't work in chrome, nor open broadcaster, nor FaceTime)
・microSD card reader (no chance to test yet)
・Sleep (haven't tested yet because I installed on an external SSD)
・iMessage (probably blocked)

A small update
What works?
・Keyboard
・Trackpad (not ideal, no gestures seem to work besides scrolling)
・Speaker
・Graphics acceleration
・USB
・Type-C to HDMI (kind of then not really ideal, internal display stops working and doesn't return when I disconnect)
・Headphone
・Screen brightness adjustment
・Battery status (updates just fine :)))
・App Store
・iCloud
・Wi-Fi
・Bluetooth
・Siri
・Screen returns after closing the lid

What doesn't work?
・Touch panel
・Fingerprint authentication sensor
・Camera (doesn't work in chrome, nor open broadcaster, nor FaceTime)
・microSD card reader (no chance to test yet)
・Sleep (haven't tested yet because I installed on an external SSD)
・iMessage (probably blocked)
Wow. That's good. I will try it on OpenCore when I have time. I will report the results after trying.

I can share my efi folder and give some more info soon :)
Also it's weird that the webcam is detected but doesn't work. I'll make a custom SSDT for usbinjectall maybe it'll fix some things :/

Also my (and probably your) trackpad is I2C. On windows PS2 driver only enables basic trackpad features. I2C driver unlocks precision trackpad features. Should find a way to make VoodooI2C work. Our trackpad is SYNA329A and our touchscreen device seems to be ELAN2514. I think we need to edit DSDT to make them work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back