Contribute
Register

[GUIDE]HP Spectre x360 13-ap0037TU(Late 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, here, with Clover 5142, Smbios 15.2 or 4 or 16.3, copy EFI directly to the EFI partition of the SSD and ok start Big Sur or Monterey.

What does not work is camera, internal microphone, if you have a solution that interests me a lot. I share my EFI. It is really perfect, try it.

For Monterey, Wifi use AirportItlwm.kext 2.1.0, for Bluetooth use, BlueToolFixup 2.6.1 plus IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext 2.0.1.
Hi, your efi folder helped me a lot. My laptop hp spectre x360 now boots great from ssd. But I have some small issues I need to fix and I am struggling with, if anybody could help me I would appreciate it a lot.

1) The battery status does not update, this is very important for me to fix.
3) Touchpad and touchscreen work, but not always, after some boots they don't work, I don't know the reason yet. This is also very very important to fix for me.
2) The laptop has two speakers, the top and the bottom speakers but just the top speakers work. Anyone has managed to fix this and use both speakers at same time? I don't want to fix this with Audio MIDI and create a multi output device bc that does not allow to control the volume. I want native fix if possible.

Thank you for the help, I would appreciate if anyone can help me, I need the laptop for some university projects.

Last edited:
Hi, your efi folder helped me a lot. My laptop hp spectre x360 now boots great from ssd. But I have some small issues I need to fix and I am struggling with, if anybody could help me I would appreciate it a lot.

1) The battery status does not update, this is very important for me to fix.
3) Touchpad and touchscreen work, but not always, after some boots they don't work, I don't know the reason yet. This is also very very important to fix for me.
2) The laptop has two speakers, the top and the bottom speakers but just the top speakers work. Anyone has managed to fix this and use both speakers at same time? I don't want to fix this with Audio MIDI and create a multi output device bc that does not allow to control the volume. I want native fix if possible.

Thank you for the help, I would appreciate if anyone can help me, I need the laptop for some university projects.
Hi, I need help with my EFI. I have managed to patch the battery and now mostly works fine and the touchpad and touchscreen are also fixed, but now I need help with two errors. PLEASE HELP ME.

1) The two usb c thunderbolt ports dont seem to work properly. I can charge the laptop with them and also connect usb, but I can not connect the laptop to a external monitor, I wouyld need a patch to make the thunderbolt ports fully functional. THIS IS MY PRIORITY TO FIX because I always work with a monitor.

Thank you for the help, I would appreciate if anyone can help me !

Attachments

• EFI C05.zip
    27.9 MB · Views: 140
Hi! You can try my EFI if u like :) I removed my serial, mlb, rom etc so make sure to add yours.. I have an i5-8265u spectre x360, everything works alright. Well besides battery, it is unstable, and besides camera ofc. Trackpad and touchscreen work 99% of the time but sometimes after turning on it doesn't work, so I just reboot to get it working. I occasionally have a 4k display hooked, so I can also confirm usb-c to HDMI works for me :)

Also I'm running macOS 12.1

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.9 MB · Views: 252
Hi! You can try my EFI if u like :) I removed my serial, mlb, rom etc so make sure to add yours.. I have an i5-8265u spectre x360, everything works alright. Well besides battery, it is unstable, and besides camera ofc. Trackpad and touchscreen work 99% of the time but sometimes after turning on it doesn't work, so I just reboot to get it working. I occasionally have a 4k display hooked, so I can also confirm usb-c to HDMI works for me :)

Also I'm running macOS 12.1
HP Specter i7-8565U 8th Generation (2018) model: 15-df 0xxx , bios F46 ,15,4 pouce , here everything works this way with Clover 5146 now. touchscreen ok , bluetooth ok , trackpad ok , USB-C ok , HDMI ok . Monterey 12.5 ok .

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.18.00.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.18.00.png
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.23.42.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.23.42.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.24.08.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.24.08.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.26.11.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.26.11.png
    169.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.40.42.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.40.42.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.42.16.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.42.16.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.42.29.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-06-23 à 04.42.29.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hello again,

I would need your help. I've been using my hackintosh for a while now, but there's a big issue that's bothering me... I don't know if you have the same problem as me. As a student, when I finish my courses at the University, I only close the screen of my laptop to move around, without manually shutting down my computer. The problem I have is that my computer's battery is completely draining... like it's not going to sleep completely and something is consuming the battery even when the screen is closed...

I have already looked at the post install guide on Dortania for this problem. I mapped my USB ports myself and disabled my dGPU with the Optimus method, but that didn't fix the problem...

I would like to know what you think about it and if you also have this problem. Thanks to you !

Hello, do you have the camera and internal microphone working with Clover or Opencore on HP Specter i7 8565U from 2018 15 inch screen?? version Catalina / Big Sur / Monterey / Ventura ???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back