Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I would like to upgrade my 840G2 to big sur, how could translate this method to OpenCore? also I was thinking in keep the clover installation upgrading to the last versión, where i confines the appropriate quirks for clover?
Quirks config.plist take a look for Clover, make sure you have good working clover first before switching to OC. that way you can compare and make the necessary changes. I have Clover 5139 running good.
Make sure you have SSDT-EC.aml and disable renames for EC0, EHC to EHO1 and 02, IGPU rename disabled, and HDEF rename disabled. HDAU needs to stay enabled for sound to work in most cases, if not disable in config.plist patches.

I have also OC .7.3 working and running but currently offline because of CMOS resets on this HP Laptop 450G2 for some reason. Not sure of the cause yet, RTC fixes and patches are not working for some reason.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 63
I had Catalina installed with all systems working (Sound, Battery, WiFi, etc), but when I installed the latest security update I lost WiFi, I'm using the method of putting the AirportItlwm.kext inside the IO80211Family.kext/Content/Plugins and putting it on the Clover/kext/Others folder.

Any idea/suggestion as to how to get my WiFi back?

For those having issues with high cpu and power usage, on HP Probook Laptops, 450G series install CPUFriend.kext. It helps in more refining power management. May work for other HP Laptops as well.

Make sure you have Lilu.kext installed as CPUFriend.kext is a lilu.kext plugin.

Hope this works
Hi generated ssdt_data.aml using cpufriendFriend can I use the ssdt together with cpufriend? Have noticed am having high cpu power usage

Hi generated ssdt_data.aml using cpufriendFriend can I use the ssdt together with cpufriend? Have noticed am having high cpu power usage

Yes you put ssdt_data.aml as replacement to SSDT-PLUG.aml if running Opencore and CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
like the attachment.
The same for Clover. Clover doesn't use PLUG SSDT method. Uses Plugin-Type

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 3.25.59 AM.png

I had Catalina installed with all systems working (Sound, Battery, WiFi, etc), but when I installed the latest security update I lost WiFi, I'm using the method of putting the AirportItlwm.kext inside the IO80211Family.kext/Content/Plugins and putting it on the Clover/kext/Others folder.

Any idea/suggestion as to how to get my WiFi back?
You don't need to put the AirportItlwm.kext into IO80211Family.kext.
Just drop it into to Kexts/Others
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 3.25.59 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 3.33.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 3.33.27 AM.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 3.35.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 3.35.54 AM.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 35
I'm having issues with CMOS resets when running Big Sur with Opencore.
I tried the DisableRTCchecksum in Quirks, that didn't help. Then I tested with RTCMemoryFixup.kext and the method in boot arguments. That didn't help. I'm wondering what other issues would cause the CMOS reset as the troubleshooting guide at Dortania doesn't seem to point to anything but RTC issues. I do not get Safemode. Just reset notice each time on reboots or startups.

Solved with SSDT-Time-master tool which created RTC patches

Issue with EC and EC0 when turning off the rename in config.plist from Rehabman's Project build and using SSDT-EC.aml I lose battery notification and Trackpad.
When enable the rename of EC0 to EC, the battery returns and the trackpad works. But the issue with this rename is a not go causing power issues down the road. Does anybody have a fix and encountering the same issues?

Rename EC0 to EC in the config.plist (enable or disable)
Enabled have battery icon in Top Bar and in Power or Energy changes in the System Preferences. SSDT-EC.aml loaded but seems to not work.

Disabled and using SSDT-EC.aml, no battery Icon in Top Bar and Energy in the System Preferences, trackpad offline or disabled.

I've tried other EC handlers side programs but had other issues like no wifi. side effects.

I'm using the original hot patch 4x0G2b.aml removed all the other enhancements and hotpatches from the original project.

I've attached the config.plist and SSDT-4x0G2b.aml, zipped

Thank you!
SOLVED with

renaming the SSDT-4x0G2b.aml specifically

EC to EC0
XHC to XHCI
EH01 to EHC1
EH02 to EHC2
Then delete the above written patches from config.plist ACPI>Patch
Opencore takes care of the renames with Lilu.kext combination.

Also delete the below:
HDEF delete the patch from config.plist>ACPI>Patch <> AppleALC.kext takes care of this
HDAU delete the patch from config.plist>ACPI>Patch <>AppleALC.kext takes care of this
GFX delete the patch from config.plist>ACPI>Patch <> Whatevergreen.kext takes care of this

Leave LPCB as is to match the patch in config.plist

Basically renamed them back to what's original in DSDT for the appropriate renames as all the renames are
taken care of by Opencore and the plugins Lilu, AppleALC, Whatevergreen.

Once the renames were taken care of was able to install ECEnabler.kext along with SSDT-EC.aml.
This Laptop having a two battery system. But works well without having to right SSDT-BATC.aml and another one
Took a lot of research. Upgrading from Mojave to Monterey, Big Sur.

But all works now.

in Monterey Apple, has changed the configuration, the way the OS handles Bluetooth. Have to wait for the appropriate hacks.

Also seems SSD drives with trim are being affected. Samsung EVO's seem to be affected by enabling trim.

Looking to buy a Crucial or WD SSD that has trim that works with Apple.

But all works now.

new again to hackintosh - the original post by rehabman has some limits in 2022, the last clover version used in the guide, and the newer version of clover in 2022.

for a new fresh install in 2022 of high sierra, mojave or newer mac osx,

use clover? (rehabmans method, but with the current newest version of clover?)

or open core ?

can some one point to an active or updated guide for, clover or open core, or both.

test machines are g1 probook

thanks

new again to hackintosh - the original post by rehabman has some limits in 2022, the last clover version used in the guide, and the newer version of clover in 2022.

for a new fresh install in 2022 of high sierra, mojave or newer mac osx,

use clover? (rehabmans method, but with the current newest version of clover?)

or open core ?

can some one point to an active or updated guide for, clover or open core, or both.

test machines are g1 probook

thanks
there is a new guide using opencore in my signature

there is a new guide using opencore in my signature
thanks for the reply, and pointing to the guide for open core

- appears to require a much higher technical and advanced knowledge, compared to this clover based guide by rehabman

- which is already super advanced imo.

maybe a new or updated version of this thread if there are people already have the know how specific to - HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Open Core (2022) / or Clover (2022) UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back