Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
in what way doesn't work? you need to be more specific

or go back to your bios version that did work
Can't even install Mac Os will try a bios downgrade

I have a triple boot setup in my HP ProBook640 G2 (Win10-Catalina-Ubuntu), my lap has an intel AC 7265 WiFi+BT card, I got WiFi working with the method of putting the Airportitlwm.kext inside the plugins of the IO80211Family.kext and putting that in Clover/kexts/Other, but my problem is that the bluetooth doesn't work unless the device i'm pairing is almost touching the laptop and i have no AirDrop, I tried with the IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext, but it didn't fix my problem.

Does anyone knows a way to get the AirDrop working with my setup?, since it's not an error report i don't know which files to attach to help fix this.

Thanks let me try this
Did a clean EFI with opencore and everything is now working ,from USB ,HDMI plus audio, Headphones, WiFi.

Hi, I would like to upgrade my 840G2 to big sur, how could translate this method to OpenCore? also I was thinking in keep the clover installation upgrading to the last versión, where i confines the appropriate quirks for clover?

For those having issues with high cpu and power usage, on HP Probook Laptops, 450G series install CPUFriend.kext. It helps in more refining power management. May work for other HP Laptops as well.

Make sure you have Lilu.kext installed as CPUFriend.kext is a lilu.kext plugin.

Hope this works

Last edited:
I'm having issues with CMOS resets when running Big Sur with Opencore.
I tried the DisableRTCchecksum in Quirks, that didn't help. Then I tested with RTCMemoryFixup.kext and the method in boot arguments. That didn't help. I'm wondering what other issues would cause the CMOS reset as the troubleshooting guide at Dortania doesn't seem to point to anything but RTC issues. I do not get Safemode. Just reset notice each time on reboots or startups.

Issue with EC and EC0 when turning off the rename in config.plist from Rehabman's Project build and using SSDT-EC.aml I lose battery notification and Trackpad.
When enable the rename of EC0 to EC, the battery returns and the trackpad works. But the issue with this rename is a not go causing power issues down the road. Does anybody have a fix and encountering the same issues?

Rename EC0 to EC in the config.plist (enable or disable)
Enabled have battery icon in Top Bar and in Power or Energy changes in the System Preferences. SSDT-EC.aml loaded but seems to not work.

Disabled and using SSDT-EC.aml, no battery Icon in Top Bar and Energy in the System Preferences, trackpad offline or disabled.

I've tried other EC handlers side programs but had other issues like no wifi. side effects.

I'm using the original hot patch 4x0G2b.aml removed all the other enhancements and hotpatches from the original project.

I've attached the config.plist and SSDT-4x0G2b.aml, zipped

Thank you!

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 53
  • SSDT-4x0G2b.aml.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back