Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
put layout-id number 3

works.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update to myself. I follow some other advice that it is normal and let it stuck there for another 20 minutes. Eventually it moves forward and brings up the Big Sur installation screen. I didn't do the upgrade as people said the upgrade takes very long. I will do the upgrade some other time.
I installed Big Sur twice. After the first install, the boot time is 4 minutes which I can't tolerate and I go back to Catalina. Doing more digging and the long wait time is due to my BT. My wifi/BT card is BCM94360HMB. I took out the BrcmPatchRAM3 and all went well without any long wait time on my second install. I still have wifi and BT. So apparently I don't need any firmware patching.

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 3.37.32 PM.png

Sure

This can be fixed with SSDT patch
Thanks for the EFI folder, everything is working after changing layout id in boot args. But sleep call is taking long to get complete; and once sleep completely I am unable to wake it. Any suggestion?

Last edited:
Yes. I did it!
Thanx for link!
Not work: Wi-Fi, BT (Atheros, i dont have broadcom card). But for me dont nedeed. I use Lan cable.
External monitor working after replace some setting in config.
Now working at old hdd, but i wont transfer to sdd with Carbon copy cloner.
Usually after testing, I do this.

View attachment 499211
Please, can you share the modification to the config, i can't see image in external monitor... Thanks

Hello! One quick note: on probook 430 g4, the current layout id for headphones is 23 with the latest appleAlc

Hi guys, may I ask for some help with my hp probook 430 G2. I would be thankful for an opencore efi folder or other tips. This is much harder than the official opencore guide made it look like. Getting the folder built is simple but the fine tuning is too complex. Where did you guys get all that knowledge from? Please let me in on this.

I was also reading about chris1111's HP-Probook-EliteBook-Package-Creator-OC but it says in the description "HP Probook 4x40s, 4x0 G0" - first - I've never heard of a G0 version but this sounds as if all the other 4x0s (be it G2, G3) are not supported. Is this right?

Thanks for the EFI folder, everything is working after changing layout id in boot args. But sleep call is taking long to get complete; and once sleep completely I am unable to wake it. Any suggestion?
As for me, I am not facing this issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back