Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all, i have try to install Big Sur on my Elitebook 8470p but I have this message..
Possible Solution ?
Thanks to all

Attachments

• msf.jpeg
    msf.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 66
Has anybody already used this method for successful installation BigSur at HP ProBook 4740S?
Maybe there is another new method exist to install BigSur at HP ProBook 4740S?

Cam will most likely work without any additional effort. For sound and mic just use `AppleALC` and correct layout.
Unfortunately, it doesn't. With rehabman 's guide I had to restart twice to make everything work - just as his guide predicted. But now I don't know where to start. What do you mean by correct layout? The Realtek ALC3227 (-CG???) is allegedly rebranded - according to dortania guide. So I tried to figure that out. Drum rolls - it actually is (at least I'm hoping that I'm right) ACL282 (the last three digits of the vendor id gave it away) but not with dortania's "cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 | less" command under Linux (Mint) I had to search tonymac in order to find that card1 and codec#0 yields the desired output. So I tried to match that with the "Supported codecs" page and found 0x100003, layout 3, 4, 13, 22, 27, 28, 29, 41, 43, 51, 76, 86, 127 for ALC282. The Dortania guide says that the only thing to be done (big laugh here) is to test each layout number with the boot arg alcid=XX. So I tortured the probook with 13 (!) boots and reboots figuring out that not one of them is enabling audio. Getting so sad here. Please - help. I'm ready and willing to learn but it seems like that audio enemy is too powerful for me.

update: meanwhile I was trying to get file vault working - and it does. But the touchpad doesn't work during the booting process which is quite a nuisance because I cannot set the necessary language without a wired mouse attached (changing the password is not an option - I need to get the touchpad back to work during the booting process).

update2: battery hot-patching is rocket science. I have no idea on how to do that. Let alone microphone and camera. :banghead:

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it doesn't. With rehabman 's guide I had to restart twice to make everything work - just as his guide predicted. But now I don't know where to start. What do you mean by correct layout? The Realtek ALC3227 (-CG???) is allegedly rebranded - according to dortania guide. So I tried to figure that out. Drum rolls - it actually is (at least I'm hoping that I'm right) ACL282 (the last three digits of the vendor id gave it away) but not with dortania's "cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 | less" command under Linux (Mint) I had to search tonymac in order to find that card1 and codec#0 yields the desired output. So I tried to match that with the "Supported codecs" page and found 0x100003, layout 3, 4, 13, 22, 27, 28, 29, 41, 43, 51, 76, 86, 127 for ALC282. The Dortania guide says that the only thing to be done (big laugh here) is to test each layout number with the boot arg alcid=XX. So I tortured the probook with 13 (!) boots and reboots figuring out that not one of them is enabling audio. Getting so sad here. Please - help. I'm ready and willing to learn but it seems like that audio enemy is too powerful for me.

update: meanwhile I was trying to get file vault working - and it does. But the touchpad doesn't work during the booting process which is quite a nuisance because I cannot set the necessary language without a wired mouse attached (changing the password is not an option - I need to get the touchpad back to work during the booting process).

update2: battery hot-patching is rocket science. I have no idea on how to do that. Let alone microphone and camera. :banghead:
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Has anybody already used this method for successful installation BigSur at HP ProBook 4740S?
Maybe there is another new method exist to install BigSur at HP ProBook 4740S?
I am also looking for.
What do you have now installed?

I've just installed Big Sur on my HP Probook 450 G3 but im facing with battery (no icon) and lagging problem. When i watch the video from youtube (or any website) and move my mouse, PC started to lagging and freezing.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    70.4 MB · Views: 52
Build one from scratch for Big Sur without using the OC one for Catalina. But I hit the following and it hangs there forever

View attachment 498394

I have been searching if this is known. The closest I can get is on ****** that some Z97 Haswell motherboard will have this problem. Mine is also a Haswell cpu but not sure if it is related.
Just an update to myself. I follow some other advice that it is normal and let it stuck there for another 20 minutes. Eventually it moves forward and brings up the Big Sur installation screen. I didn't do the upgrade as people said the upgrade takes very long. I will do the upgrade some other time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back