Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - my first laptop attempt. HP Probook 430 G2 Broadwell with HD5500 i5 and OC 0.6.3. Sanity Checker gives me green ticks. Serials etc. cleansed. But what about card reader, cam, mic? feedback and a helping hand would be much appreciated!
SMCDellSensors.kext ?

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

SMCDellSensors.kext ?
That is probably left over from the Dell Optiplex 9020 Desktop OC folder. Not a good idea to use that for a laptop. :|

That is probably left over from the Dell Optiplex 9020 Desktop OC folder. Not a good idea to use that for a laptop. :|
also thought they were for Dell laptops :)

I was curious about that kext because it seemed to me to be obvious that this must be for Dells BUT: while shutting the laptop down in verbose mode it says that the aforementioned kext is missing! Why would it do that? The config.plist is the sample.plist from OC 0.6.3 and everything has been changed manually via propertree. So where should that message be coming from?
But my main concern is getting mic, cam, sound and bt working. Any clues/tipps web sources?

I was curious about that kext because it seemed to me to be obvious that this must be for Dells BUT: while shutting the laptop down in verbose mode it says that the aforementioned kext is missing! Why would it do that? The config.plist is the sample.plist from OC 0.6.3 and everything has been changed manually via propertree. So where should that message be coming from?
But my main concern is getting mic, cam, sound and bt working. Any clues/tipps web sources?
you have it listed in your config.plist:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string>Contents/MacOS/SMCDellSensors</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>SMCDellSensors.kext</string>
            </dict>

Thank you very much for pointing that out!
But now I'm getting lost here. I can see that I mistakenly copied that kext (must have sneaked in with the folder contents of virtualsmc. I apologise. But how can the system complain upon shutdown?
Even more important: can anyone shine some light on how to get camera, sound, mic working?

No, you shouldn't. Most of them are useless already and they will also affect windows boot. You should start building opencore config from scratch
Build one from scratch for Big Sur without using the OC one for Catalina. But I hit the following and it hangs there forever

tempImage9UGcW9.jpg

I have been searching if this is known. The closest I can get is on ****** that some Z97 Haswell motherboard will have this problem. Mine is also a Haswell cpu but not sure if it is related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back