[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hp elitebook 8470p With i5, Intel HD 4000 success updated with fresh install

Only the problema with bluetooth and atheros Wi-Fi but now all works

Thanks for the guide and for the help

Hello,

what fresh install did u use?

hi everyone, is anyone has working Catalina EFI on hp elitebook folio 9480m ?? i have not luck thanks

I have been trying to get Majove installed for the past few days and no luck. I have made a good process though. Thanks to all forum members!

I followed every single step. One by one, without missing anything as far as I can tell.

I was able to see the installation screen, rebooted several times and booted into local HDD but at last, I cant pass " ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 ". It just hangs there.

I am attaching my CLOVER folder except Themes.

I was able to start installation.
Photo May 04, 9 45 12 PM.jpg

After several reboots it was about to end.
Photo May 05, 10 45 33 AM.jpg

This was the final warning before it started freezing. After this system rebooted itself and wont go beyond next image.
Photo May 05, 10 46 20 AM.jpg

And this is what I am seeing right now. Cannot pass this step. Any idea?
Photo May 05, 3 06 02 PM.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
I have been trying to get Majove installed for the past few days and no luck. I have made a good process though. Thanks to all forum members!

I followed every single step. One by one, without missing anything as far as I can tell.

I was able to see the installation screen, rebooted several times and booted into local HDD but at last, I cant pass " ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3 ". It just hangs there.

I am attaching my CLOVER folder except Themes.

I was able to start installation.
View attachment 467564

After several reboots it was about to end.
View attachment 467566

This was the final warning before it started freezing. After this system rebooted itself and wont go beyond next image.
View attachment 467567

And this is what I am seeing right now. Cannot pass this step. Any idea?
View attachment 467565
your config.plist is not per guide

also best to update your clover version as Rehabmna's isn't compatible with later versions of Mojave or Catalina

your config.plist is not per guide

also best to update your clover version as Rehabmna's isn't compatible with later versions of Mojave or Catalina

Well, instructions highly advised to use RehabMan's latest built which I did.
Do you recommend updating the existing clover version to the latest or just re-make USB all over again?
Also, I used "config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist" config file as my graphic card is HD620. what am I missing here?

Well, instructions highly advised to use RehabMan's latest built which I did.
Do you recommend updating the existing clover version to the latest or just re-make USB all over again?
Also, I used "config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist" config file as my graphic card is HD620. what am I missing here?
yes but Rehabman hasn't been here in over a year

you may want to compare the one in your clover folder and the one you have downloaded. the one in your clover folder is completely different

best to just install newer clover to your usb installer

yes but Rehabman hasn't been here in over a year

you may want to compare the one in your clover folder and the one you have downloaded. the one in your clover folder is completely different

best to just install newer clover to your usb installer

I think the confusion with config file was that I found another article, guy with HP Elitebook 850 G5 instead of 840 G4 used that config to make it work. At last, I used his config to test but no success again.
I am adding his config file as "other source" and RehabMan's config file. Can you compare them and see which one would work the best for my setup? I did not have success on both but I used RehanMan's CLOVER instead of newer one.
Will do new install in a bit.

Attachments

• config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist
    12.6 KB · Views: 40
  • OTHER-SOURCE-config.plist
    15 KB · Views: 71
I think the confusion with config file was that I found another article, guy with HP Elitebook 850 G5 instead of 840 G4 used that config to make it work. At last, I used his config to test but no success again.
I am adding his config file as "other source" and RehabMan's config file. Can you compare them and see which one would work the best for my setup? I did not have success on both but I used RehanMan's CLOVER instead of newer one.
Will do new install in a bit.
best for you use a later version of clover first with config,plist from Rehabman

Why @RehabMan isn't replying anymore?
My theory (only my theory, he never said this) is that after posting "Read the FAQ" 159,469 times over a period of seven years people were still not doing what he asked them to and he had enough and quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back