Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
on this laptop :HP ProBook450 G3 Skylake, SSD 500 Go, 1920x1080, Mojave
As I had endless boot with Mojave 10.14.4, I re installed Mojave ( 10.14.6) boot is now normal (15s)
but sound disappears.
So I decided to do again the whole process built by Rehabman.
But sound is not yet back.
I just observe that Apple ALC and Lilu are in both /Lib/extensions and Clover/kexts/Others
with same time stamp ?
Attached requested zip files.

Any help welcome !
Check "Known Problems" section in post #1

Who here has a multi-boot setup? I'm planning on doing one myself and am curious to know how easy or difficult that is to set up and maintain. I see the guides hosted in the 'Installation' forum's 'Other Operating Systems' sub-forum's 'Mutli Booting' sub-forum, but how has this worked out for any of you?

(Edit: I'd be using multiple partitions on a single drive.)
With G1 and G2 you het to choose the EFI file to boot, so super easy
g3 and later automatically boot windows so its a bit trickier and has to be redone every windows update, super annoyn

Anyone get a fresh install on an hp laptop with catalina working with imessages and facetime? i have tried the iDiots guide and still struggling with these two.

I'm stuck at authentication. And get the :
"You cannot sign into imessage at this time.
To use iMessage with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below. "

The only person who had this error recently that i could find, eventually call Apple and they fix it for them. Any advice how to fix, or ideas on debugging without calling Apple?

Anyone get a fresh install on an hp laptop with catalina working with imessages and facetime? i have tried the iDiots guide and still struggling with these two.

I'm stuck at authentication. And get the :
"You cannot sign into imessage at this time.
To use iMessage with this Mac, contact Apple Support and provide the code below. "

The only person who had this error recently that i could find, eventually call Apple and they fix it for them. Any advice how to fix, or ideas on debugging without calling Apple?
Any guide for hp 820 g2 for catalina, am stuck with below error

With G1 and G2 you [g]et to choose the EFI file to boot, so super easy
g3 and later automatically boot windows so its a bit trickier and has to be redone every windows update, super annoyn

Looks like this post I already saw covers that, so I should be all set with that and other information from that sub-forum. Thanks, all!

Mojave HP EliteBook Folio G1
Processor - Intel Core M7-6Y75
RAM - 8GB LPDDR
SSD - ADATA SX820 Pro 256GB NVMe
Graphic - Intel HD 515
Clover UEFI Version: 4961

Installation:
  1. Unibeast Mojave 9.3
  2. SMBIOS - Apple MacBook 9,1 2016
  3. Followed RehabMan’s Guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/ and chose config_Zbook_G3_Skylake.plist
  4. Internet - Using 3rd party AC1200 Wifi USB and chris1111 driver: https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover. Just ordered Broadcom BCM94352Z to replace with current unsupported Wifi / Bluetooth Card.
  5. Sound - AppleALC (Layout-ID 3)
What’s Working:
  1. QE/CI IGPU HD 515
  2. Restart / Shutdown
  3. Internal Internal Speakers (Conexant CX20722)
  4. Keyboard / Touchpad (No 3 - 4 fingers) - Currently using keyboard shortcuts as multitouch gesture replacement (missing Magic Trackpad now)
  5. Appstore Login
  6. Internal Camera
  7. LAN - using HP USB-C to RJ45/USB 3/USB-C converter
Need Help:
  1. Restarting when cable plugged out from notebook
  2. Battery indicator
  3. LCD Brightness Control (buttons)

Attachments

• EFI Clover and IOREG.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 106
I apply my EFI if anyone wants to try OpenCore on Probook 650 G1. Just do GenSMBIOS application and replace the EFI clover folder. After restart we have configured Opencore

Attachments

• EFI-Probook650G1-OpenCore.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Here's a working 2570p Catalina EFI that I found on the interweb. Just create a bootable Catalina USB using the createinstallmedia approach, install clover on it, mount its EFI, delete the EFI folder and put the EFI that I attached.

Use case: You just want to install Catalina 10.15 on 2570p as fast and as painless as possible. If you tried installing Catalina on your 2570p using RH's guide and kept on getting stuck on boot or whatever, use this EFI. After a successful boot to the desktop, you then have the option to learn more by following RH's post-install procedure. But for me, this EFI is enough as it works as expected (SpeedStep works). If you decide to just use the EFI as is, just generate a new serial number using Clover Configurator disable hibernate mode using RehabMan's terminal commands mentioned on this guide.

I have an HP 2570p I was thinking about trying your EFI folder on, but it says I need a password to unpack it.

I need some help troubleshooting to see if i bought a defective card or is not compatible with my laptop?

I have a HP Elitebook 850 g1. I replaced the intel Wifi+BT half size mini with a BCM943225HMB AW-NB290. Wifi works fine in Windows, Ubuntu, and Catalina. None of the OSes can see the BT device. Windows doesn't see the device at all, Ubuntu (lsusb) doesn't show it, Catalina doesn't show it under USB in ioreg.

Did I some how got a version of this card without BT?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back