Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 on my Elitebook 8470p. It caused my laptop to reboot automatically after sleep. Please let me know how to fix it. Thanks you so much and sorry for my bad English.
This is the error file I received.

Attachments

• Error.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 55
  • config.plist
    15.3 KB · Views: 73
I need help, please!

I somehow managed to install Mojave on hp ProBook 4540s. Initial startup after installation showed all my USB ports working but after following this guide for post installation setup USB ports stopped working for some devices. I get error this accessory needs power or something along those lines. Also when doing ACPI configuration the command in the guide which was supposed to generate files in ./build folder didn't generate anything but a readme file and I couldn't install that file for my laptop. Sound and touchpad still not working and I couldn't find a proper guide to change SMBIOS as mentioned in the last step of this guide.

Im sorry for so many questions but this is my first Hackintosh and I can't troubleshoot alone

Hey, I'd also appreciate help as I do not get the headphone jack working.

I got the audio fully working (including headphone jack) on my Probook using the following procedure. You might be able to skip steps 2 and 3 if your audio hardware is supported by your current version of AppleALC.

1. Download Hackintool. Go to Audio page in Hackintool - this will tell you your audio hardware details. In the drop down list it will show the list of Layout ID values that might work for your audio hardware.

2. Using this guide, install latest versions of Lilu and AppleALC to Library/Extensions (use Hackintool approach).

3. Reboot and verify that you're running the latest versions of Lilu and AppleALC using the 'installed' page in Hackintool.

4. Setting layout-id in Devices ->Properties in config.plist does not appear to work for builds made with this guide, so you'll need to use boot flags instead. Mount your boot EFI partition (since Catalina I use MountEFI), edit /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and add "alcid=xx" to Boot ->Arguments (where xx is one of the Layout ID values from step 1). Layout ID 23 worked for me (my audio is Conexant CX8200), so my boot argument string looks like this (only the alcid=23 part is relevant here - do not copy the whole string):
Code:
<key>Arguments</key>
        <string>kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 -igfxnohdmi alcid=23</string>

Also, change Devices ->Audio ->Inject to NO (ensuring that you also change the data type to 'string')
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Audio</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <string>NO</string>
5. Save config.plist and reboot. If it doesn't work, try a different Layout ID value from step 1.

Last edited:
Hello
on this laptop :HP ProBook450 G3 Skylake, SSD 500 Go, 1920x1080, Mojave
As I had endless boot with Mojave 10.14.4, I re installed Mojave ( 10.14.6) boot is now normal (15s)
but sound disappears.
So I decided to do again the whole process built by Rehabman.
But sound is not yet back.
I just observe that Apple ALC and Lilu are in both /Lib/extensions and Clover/kexts/Others
with same time stamp ?
Attached requested zip files.

Any help welcome !
The guide I just posted above should fix it

Last edited:
I'm late to this game. But here goes. I recently ran into some software update that requires macOS 10.13 or higher and my little Macbook is stuck at 10.11.6

I have an HP Probook 4530s with 2nd Gen SB Core i3 3210M, 8gb DDR3, 120GB SSD
I had SL on this machine several years ago and didn't have this much issue.
I've followed this guide and rehabman's guide to create bootable clover on Laptops. Well to be honest, aside from creating the flash drive and updating bios settings I haven't really got that far. I have tried both MBR and GPT and neither boot directly from the flash drive. I have to into to the boot options and select the EFI. It loads Clover. But when I try to do the install it gives the prohibited sign. It shows the Apple for a few seconds but then a no go with that prohibited/no smoking sign. Any help on where to start would be appreciated.

FYI I was able to upgrade to 10.15.3 with no issues after I swapped out the Bluetooth kexts with the one from this repository it worked fine.

I used @Hologos guide to fix the bluetooth. The only outstanding issue I still have is sleep doesn't work but that has never worked on my machine under MacOS. It has always worked fine user windows. I have the same setup as @Hologos with a DW1560

HP Elitebook 840 G1 works perfect.
HP Elitebook 8470p works perfect.

I followed again your guide
but I have problem with ACPI error on EliteBook 1040 g1.
Battery status is not working and if I unplug ac adapter the laptop is restart.

EliteBook 1040 g1
Bios version L83 Ver 01.44 (08/29/2019)
i5-4210U
HD4400

used ./install_acpi.sh install_1040g1_haswell
used config_1040_G1_Haswell.plist

I updated LiLu 1.41 / AppleALC 1.4.5 / WhateverGreen 1.3.6
Audio works with edit Inject 84

Could you fix ACPI (Battery) error for EliteBook 1040 g1 ?
I dumped newest BIOS 1.44 ACPI with press F4.

Attachments

• EFI_1040g1.zip
    32.8 MB · Views: 200
  • 41108.jpeg
    41108.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 41109.jpeg
    41109.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 41105.png
    41105.png
    395.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Hello,

I have followed the guide to install macOS Catalina on my HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 which is on the supported list of laptop but I have a couple issues (everything else works perfectly) :

- The battery status cannot be displayed even if I try and the battery state is at 0% (battery works in Windows)
- When I unplug the power while in MacOS, MacOS crash after a couple second then restart and crash while booting.
- My touchpad isn't detected in the Trackpad of System Preference.

Sound wasn't working but I was able to make it work by changing the layout-id to 84.

Note that I am currently running internet over a USB to Ethernet adapter while I wait for my compatible Wifi card to be shipped.

Anyone is able to help me with my setup ?

I've attached the correct generated debug files.

I have same problem 1040 g1 did you fix battery problem?

Last edited:
Hi
I'm Trying install Mojave on HP 8470p and I have problem with that.
Pendrive is USB2.0, slot USB2.0, clover runs fine (i think) but after start installing, about few sec later i have this error.

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_105750.jpg
    IMG_20200209_105750.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back