Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having issues trying to do a fresh install on my Probook 4540s with a HD4000. I keep reaching the Stop/Prohibition sign when going to the installer, anyone knows what the problem could be?

Installed Hackintosh on my notebook HP-4540s by following instructions, after installation updated macOS to Catalina. All devices work except wi-fi, VGA and SD card (i don't need VGA and SD card). Problems with wifi resolved by using wi-fi dongle TL-WN823N V3. Thank you.

Sup guys! Thx @RehabMan for everything. Amazing tutorial!
I did everything as says here but after all at this point I have 5 issues on my probook 440 g5 catalina hackintosh:

1 - Apple logo at boot screen
(its on the right/down side of the screen with glitechs)
2 - My sata HDD. It shows up but I cant use it.
(already try to install the SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext but it seems not to work. Can someone send it to me?)
3 - When I try to login on steam app it has no fonts
(idk if its a hackintosh problem, but im reporting jtk if some has the same problem.)
4 - SD Card Reader. It flashs the light, but no disk pops up.
5 - Combo headjack. Not working at all. Try to use a fone with a type-c adapter and didnt work (my fone is ok and used a sd card on the type-c adapter and it work fine.

That's all.

Can someone help me to fix some of this problemas? please. =D

Last edited:
as long as you update your kexts and clover version, there shouldn't be an issue

How to update the kexts? From the rehabman repo or searching for suitable kexts manually and replacing them?

How to update the kexts? From the rehabman repo or searching for suitable kexts manually and replacing them?
download updated kexts from github

I have everything working perfect except it doesn't switch profiles from AC to Battery, the charging indicator goes, it displays percentage etc, just doesn't switch sleep or display setting until I alter something power related like the time until display sleeps, then the display dims and it goes to sleep when it should.

Been using the machine for weeks now and everything is perfect apart from that small issue.

It might even be related to removing the power adapter whilst it's sleeping.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you very much ;-)

HP 440 G5 all is working ! even Sleep Mode with blinking Power LED....

Mojave

UHD 620 I7-8550U

I must say that it is not an easy Task, but if you follow exactly, the Result is stunning.
( you have to find out Frequency´s + of your Prozessor to Compile if not listed )
( i ignored the error of Mainboard Model Numer, and compiled anywhay)

- the script name for your Laptop Model Name is in the script itself, open with editor -

!!!!!! do not Reboot after finishing all the Tasks !!!

1. check Resolution of Clover, was set 2 something Other than FHD in my case, did not Load, apple was far right in screen and nothing happend

2. in my config file, i had to add -disablegfxfirmware, otherwise it stuck´s at gfx loading

was finding out with verbose mode ( select HD in Clover and press Space Bar )

Change VoodooPS2 to SmartTouch, ( Synaptics TrackPad )

I have a Nano USB Wifi Dongle with Wireless USB Adapter Clover-V11
( copy the 2 kext to L/E too if not inject, wich i don´t )

MacbookPro 14,2 generate in Clover from Scratch and copy to generated config for Clover.

Thanx !

Man, I have the same probook. My combo jack, sd card reader, sleep mode and sata (secundary hdd) doesnt work. What did u do to fix this issues?

Hello
on this laptop :HP ProBook450 G3 Skylake, SSD 500 Go, 1920x1080, Mojave
As I had endless boot with Mojave 10.14.4, I re installed Mojave ( 10.14.6) boot is now normal (15s)
but sound disappears.
So I decided to do again the whole process built by Rehabman.
But sound is not yet back.
I just observe that Apple ALC and Lilu are in both /Lib/extensions and Clover/kexts/Others
with same time stamp ?
Attached requested zip files.

Any help welcome !

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    62 KB · Views: 57
  • IOReg.zip
    622.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Bash.zip
    2 KB · Views: 56
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 73
  • Kextcache.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 61
Hey, I'd also appreciate help as I do not get the headphone jack working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back