Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same issue with Samsung SSD's. Its so annoying to cancel the disk scan every boot.
Oh no, I have no issues with the actual SSD, but with the Fusion Drive configuration. I have to manually update Clover (installer won't recognize my ESP), and most of the scripts from this guide do not function, so I have to do everything manually which increases the likelihood of a failure to occur due to miss-typed commands and other things.

Oh no, I have no issues with the actual SSD, but with the Fusion Drive configuration. I have to manually update Clover (installer won't recognize my ESP), and most of the scripts from this guide do not function, so I have to do everything manually which increases the likelihood of a failure to occur due to miss-typed commands and other things.

I'm leaving my 4440s on Mojave forever. You should write a guide to help these other guys upgrade.

yes, as this guide uses an older version of clover that is not supported on Mojave and Catalina

i have used 4961 from the downloads section:

on my hack with no issues

Tried to make new fresh 10.14.6 usb installer with rehabmans clover version, and newest Clover_v2.4k_r4988, both usb installers boot up, but dont get to the setup install screen. just stays blank then after about 5 minutes resets system by itself.

also saw the folder structures are different between rehabmans Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c and Clover_v2.4k_r4988

anyone else tried noticed this stuff recently.

is there be an edit update of the OP for macos 10.14.6 ?

thanks

Hello everyone,
After several failed installations of Mojave on my HP Probook 640 G1 I'm almost giving up.

I've went through the installation, then on the following restart it starts on the installation with the progress bar and it ends. The next restart it always fail.
Does anyone have such a laptop with Mojave which can zip CLOVER folder to compare with mine and try to figure out what am I doing wrong.
I con't know much about this matters, but I would be grateful to have hackintosh installed.

I'm planning to purchase a Dell dw1560 bcm94352z wlan card. But i'm afraid if there is any whitelist on HP Elitebook 840 G4 BIOS that prevents this card to word properly.
Do you know guys if it will work?

Hello it's OK to update to the latest version of Clover just be careful as the directory structure of Clover changed with the transition from 2.4k to 2.5k. That was the issue I was having with 2.5K. My files in the EFI partition were in the wrong place after the change so I was not able to boot successfully. The folder structure, folder name, file names and location of drivers changed.

have you tried a fresh re-install of clover?

delete the clover efi folder created with 2.4k

install 2.5k , then copy your customised smbios config files into the new 2.5k clover folders?

as long as you update your kexts and clover version, there shouldn't be an issue

hi mods

this mojave thread would be easier to follow if we can we sort catalina 10.15.x related posts from this thread to :

hope it helps

someone interested with learning coding software engineering skills like Rehabman, can you fork and update for newer clover versions? (and maybe 10.15.x?)

After the developer tools are installed, we need to get a couple of projects from my github.

In Terminal:
Code:
mkdir ~/Projects
cd ~/Projects
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch probook.git

After cloning the github project, it is time to install some more tools and all the kexts that are required...

In Terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

The download.sh script will automatically gather the latest version of all tools (patchmatic, iasl, MaciASL) and all the kexts (FakeSMC.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, Lilu.kext, ACPIBatteryManager.kext, etc) from bitbucket and github. The install_downloads.sh will automatically install them to the proper locations.

Since some of these kexts rely on properly implemented ACPI, do not reboot until you have a proper config.plist and ACPI files in place (as described later in this guide).

I have issue with Wifi : my laptop is Hp 820 G2, Broadwell i5 5300U, HD5500, bought Broadcom BCM94350ZAE DW1820A CN-08PKF4, Wlan+BT4 NGFF used the guide and booted very well, everything working except Wifi and Bluetooth is kinda on but not fully working - as i don't see airdrop on the finder sidebar,

Attached all the files, following the reporting in FAQ.

please help, the only reason i bought this card because of wifi/bluetooth. and Thanks a lot for this big effort @RehabMan!

Attachments

• debug_7502.zip
    3 MB · Views: 94
Tried to make new fresh 10.14.6 usb installer with rehabmans clover version, and newest Clover_v2.4k_r4988, both usb installers boot up, but dont get to the setup install screen. just stays blank then after about 5 minutes resets system by itself.

also saw the folder structures are different between rehabmans Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c and Clover_v2.4k_r4988

anyone else tried noticed this stuff recently.

is there be an edit update of the OP for macos 10.14.6 ?

thanks

Same issue happened and i used clover 4920 it went fine with booting and structures is similar to Rehabman’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back