Status
Not open for further replies.
What version, is there a url to the file thanks

could not find v2.4k only v2.5k

which one to use from

Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4961

or

Clover UEFI Boot Mode with Emulated NVRAM v2.4k r4961
Hello it's OK to update to the latest version of Clover just be careful as the directory structure of Clover changed with the transition from 2.4k to 2.5k. That was the issue I was having with 2.5K. My files in the EFI partition were in the wrong place after the change so I was not able to boot successfully. The folder structure, folder name, file names and location of drivers changed.

Last edited:
I used hologos guide to update to catalina, now my battery indicator stops and gets stuck after a few hours and the laptop does not go to sleep on closing the lid. (probook 6570b). The power management ssdt generated makes the hack very slow for some reason, so i used the script with the flags for ivy bridge cpus. The problem of sleeping persists and i have no idea what to do. Can somebody help me?

hi
I followed this guide for a fresh install of Catalina. Everything works as expected.
But I ask for help with this issue during the booting:
It takes 22 seconds since Clover starts up up to the following message: AppleKeyStore operation failed.
That's ok.
But it stops for 50 seconds in that message then it resumes the booting without any problem.

In this first attempt for help just sending a picture. If any volunteer wants to help I'll attach the standard info package or whatever he/she needs.

Thanks in advance.
20191120_003947.jpg

hi
I followed this guide for a fresh install of Catalina. Everything works as expected.
But I ask for help with this issue during the booting:
It takes 22 seconds since Clover starts up up to the following message: AppleKeyStore operation failed.
That's ok.
But it stops for 50 seconds in that message then it resumes the booting without any problem.

In this first attempt for help just sending a picture. If any volunteer wants to help I'll attach the standard info package or whatever he/she needs.

Thanks in advance.View attachment 436799

As per guide, please attach the required troubleshooting files so we can better assist you :)

As per guide, please attach the required troubleshooting files so we can better assist you :)

Thanks for the answer. Here you are.

Regards.

Attachments

• debug_6916.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
Thanks for the answer. Here you are.

Regards.

OK, is this clover folder from your hard drive or flash drive? Looks like you need to reinstall clover, your drivers/uefi folder is missing some crucial drivers, such as SMCHelper.efi, FSInject.EFI etc. Also, try using aptiomemoryfix.efi for your memory driver, or OSXAptioMemoryFixDRV3.

Is this the folder you are trying to boot from?

OK, is this clover folder from your hard drive or flash drive? Looks like you need to reinstall clover, your drivers/uefi folder is missing some crucial drivers, such as SMCHelper.efi, FSInject.EFI etc. Also, try using aptiomemoryfix.efi for your memory driver, or OSXAptioMemoryFixDRV3.

Yes it is and it works, everything works. The problem is those 50 seconds

OK, is this clover folder from your hard drive or flash drive?
Actually it is a Crucial SSD. The USB clover folder of the USB does not behave this way: it is much faster and doesn't stop. The differences between USB clover folder and SSD clover are in "Clover->ACPI->Patched" after using Rehabman scripts and the adhoc config.plist for this Probook model. (but with the USB there is no sound and wrong USB ports as expected)

Looks like you need to reinstall clover, your drivers/uefi folder is missing some crucial drivers...
Yeap I know, maybe is this last Clover version (5098) because in previous 2.5K Clover versions that folder does exit although they missed the ACPI folder structure. Lot of noise in Clover lately.
Nevertheless I will give it another try and if it does not create the folder I will create it and copy those EFIs in it.

Also, try using aptiomemoryfix.efi for your memory driver, or OSXAptioMemoryFixDRV3
When using AptioMemoryFix or OSXAptioMemoryFixDRV3 I receive Error
Loading Kernel Cache (0x9)

When I got home I will inform you of the results of the tests.

Thanks.

Yes it is and it works, everything works. The problem is those 50 seconds

OK, is this clover folder from your hard drive or flash drive?
Actually it is a Crucial SSD. The USB clover folder of the USB does not behave this way: it is much faster and doesn't stop. The differences between USB clover folder and SSD clover are in "Clover->ACPI->Patched" after using Rehabman scripts and the adhoc config.plist for this Probook model. (but with the USB there is no sound and wrong USB ports as expected)

Looks like you need to reinstall clover, your drivers/uefi folder is missing some crucial drivers...
Yeap I know, maybe is this last Clover version (5098) because in previous 2.5K Clover versions that folder does exit although they missed the ACPI folder structure. Lot of noise in Clover lately.
Nevertheless I will give it another try and if it does not create the folder I will create it and copy those EFIs in it.

Also, try using aptiomemoryfix.efi for your memory driver, or OSXAptioMemoryFixDRV3
When using AptioMemoryFix or OSXAptioMemoryFixDRV3 I receive Error
Loading Kernel Cache (0x9)

When I got home I will inform you of the results of the tests.

Thanks.

OK, try installing clover from scratch on that drive. Then copy the patched SSDT to the patched folder. also copy the generated config.plist. Don't forget to place crucial kexts in Clover/Kext/Other. Also, be sure that you leave the EFI drivers selected by default. Add HFS+.efi if needed, and HPFanReset.efi if your model requires it (as per the guide).

If your USb drive boots fine and doesn't stop as you say, the issue could be the clover folder on the drive. If the fresh installation of clover doesn't work out, you can also try copying the patched SSDT files to the USB along with the generated config.plist, se if it still boots fine without pausing? This way we can try and determine where the issue comes from. But when performing these types of troubleshootings, we must change one thing at a time, so we can pinpoint the exact cause of the issue and thereby be able to solve it :)

Let us know what you find

@djx8605

Several tests and everything remains the same.
So maybe is the next line to [AppleKeyStore...] that is causing the delay.

20191121_205743.jpg

if so, any clue about what to do?

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back