Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning. Let's see if they could help me.

I just installed Mojave on an HP elitebook 840 G4 following the Rehabman method, and everything works just like my previous 840 G3 laptop, but I have problems with sleep.

When I activate sleep while only running on battery, I have no problem, the laptop goes to sleep perfectly and maintains it. But when I have the power supply connected to the laptop, I activate sleep, go to sleep, but immediately wake up.

I have mojave installed with SMBIOS Macbookpro 14.1. I use a wifi card from a macbook air and recognize it natively. (is for giving ideas).

I appreciate any help, since I use it quite a bit as a desktop and I need rest when I am not in front of the laptop.

Thank you very much in advance.

Quote Reply
Edit

Trying to Sort this for about for a Week.
HP Probook 440 G4
Trackpad Works as Mouse. No Detection on System
preference - Trackpad (Attached image)
No Battery Indicator , Even after Kext Injections.
I have tried almost all ways.
only VoodooPs2controller.Kext Detects the Trackpad as Mouse .
if its removed, then whole Keyboard and Trackpad goes blank undetected.
no other kexts responds even if its injected into SLE.
Please Help.
Attached my EFI Folder.
Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot 2019-11-10 at 8.37.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-10 at 8.37.32 PM.png
    41 KB · Views: 62
Quote Reply
Edit
[/QUOTE]
@karmano, @Feartech is right, you need to start from post number one and work your way through. The guide will tell you where to find each kext and how to prepare them. Do you have a working installation of macOS, or a mac you can use? If so, download the latest version of Clover and install it on your flash drive, remove the old installation. It seems like you have bits from the latest Clover way of doing things, and yet some of the old way of doing things (e.g. folder structures). I would install Clover fresh on that flash drive, then work your way through the guide on page 1. This guide links to other guides and things, so be sure to follow the links if need be; @RehabMan provides various starter configs to install macOS successfully, use one of those. I would also not include any ACPI files in the patched folder until you get to the post-install section. Using these files without the proper hotpatches in place in your config may cause issues.

HTH :)

Thank you for your advise, i have followed all the steps and i have now a working laptop with Mojave. Only the wifi and sleep are not working but this is not an issue for me. Wifi is not compatible but i can replace that. I will read more about the objects what it means such as STDS or somehting like that. After that i will publish for peaple who are new on this hackintosh world a new basic tutorial where he can begin and what all these object meaning..

Trying to Sort this for about for a Week.
HP Probook 440 G4
Trackpad Works as Mouse. No Detection on System
preference - Trackpad (Attached image)
No Battery Indicator , Even after Kext Injections.
I have tried almost all ways.
only VoodooPs2controller.Kext Detects the Trackpad as Mouse .
if its removed, then whole Keyboard and Trackpad goes blank undetected.
no other kexts responds even if its injected into SLE.
Please Help.
Attached my EFI Folder.
Thanks in Advance.

Follow this tutorial and download the EFI folder and put it to your USB before install and everything will be working but no wifi and sleep.. Also the trackpad work like a charm..

Thank you for your advise, i have followed all the steps and i have now a working laptop with Mojave. Only the wifi and sleep are not working but this is not an issue for me. Wifi is not compatible but i can replace that. I will read more about the objects what it means such as STDS or somehting like that. After that i will publish for peaple who are new on this hackintosh world a new basic tutorial where he can begin and what all these object meaning..

Follow this tutorial and download the EFI folder and put it to your USB before install and everything will be working but no wifi and sleep.. Also the trackpad work like a charm..

[/QUOTE]

@karmano, glad to hear you were able to get it working through the guide. What problems are you having with sleep? Is it sleeping then waking up, or not sleeping at all? Are you installing Mojave or Catalina?

Can I have help here on picking a WiFi card out for the HP ZBook 17 G5 I'm setting before the end of the year? Nobody's responded to that thread yet. (Though maybe that wasn't the best place to put it…?)

Hello I have an EliteBook 850 G2 trying to install latest Mojave. I updated BIOS to latest from HP. My USB installer has RehabMan latest Clover and config.plist for Intel HD5500. Trying to boot the USB Mojave installer results in a hung progress bar. Booting from a cloned fully installed Mojave SSD results in the progress bar moving very slow and when it completes the unit boots to a black screen. Any tips are much appreciated. I have attached my EFI folder if anyone has time to take a look.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 78
Hello I have an EliteBook 850 G2 trying to install latest Mojave. I updated BIOS to latest from HP. My USB installer has RehabMan latest Clover and config.plist for Intel HD5500. Trying to boot the USB Mojave installer results in a hung progress bar. Booting from a cloned fully installed Mojave SSD results in the progress bar moving very slow and when it completes the unit boots to a black screen. Any tips are much appreciated. I have attached my EFI folder if anyone has time to take a look.
Did you follow the guide on page one? Did you set the BIOS settings as per the guide? If so, were you able to change your graphics memory to something higher than 32MB?

Did you follow the guide on page one? Did you set the BIOS settings as per the guide? If so, were you able to change your graphics memory to something higher than 32MB?
Hi djx8605. Yes I followed the guide and BIOS settings carefully. I was able to get into the installer after a long period of time but my trackpad and keyboard do not work at all even with proper kexts installed. Are there special updated kexts for Mojave that are not available from Rehabman?

SOLVED: Rehabman Clover is too old. I updated to a more recent version but stayed on 2.4K. Booted both Installer and Cloned SSD with no problems!! Trackpad and Keyboard working:)

SOLVED: Rehabman Clover is too old. I updated to a more recent version but stayed on 2.4K. Booted both Installer and Cloned SSD with no problems!! Trackpad and Keyboard working:)

Glad to hear! Good job on troubleshooting :)

For all reading, if you have problems with the guide, since it hasn't been updated in so long, and I don't know if RehabMan is even updating his own repo any longer, it would probably be a good idea to obtain the latest Clover installer from the official site, https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases

This is probably a must for anyone trying to fresh install or use Catalina, as the older Clover versions would probably not work. This is also the case for kexts like Lilu and WhateverGreen, that are usually updated to address each macOS release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back