Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't updated the structure, that would be it. I don't know if there is an official guide. If I remember correctly:
  1. create drivers directory
  2. move drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI
  3. remove "-64" in the name of EFI drivers (files in drivers/UEFI)
That should be it.

hi thanks for the help.

is it

a/ move the folder drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI

or

b/ move "only the files" from inside the folder drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI

If you haven't updated the structure, that would be it. I don't know if there is an official guide. If I remember correctly:
  1. create drivers directory
  2. move drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI
  3. remove "-64" in the name of EFI drivers (files in drivers/UEFI)
That should be it.

hi thanks for the help.

is it

a/ move the folder drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI

or

b/ move "only the files" from inside the folder drivers64UEFI to drivers/UEFI

It's B.

I tried to create the usb installer as well and I have the same problem. The only way for me to get into installer is to use my EFI from running hackintosh. :/

edit: found this on a different forum and it supposedly helped, I'll try that tomorrow
OK, How is the result?

Here's a working 2570p Catalina EFI that I found on the interweb. Just create a bootable Catalina USB using the createinstallmedia approach, install clover on it, mount its EFI, delete the EFI folder and put the EFI that I attached.

Use case: You just want to install Catalina 10.15 on 2570p as fast and as painless as possible. If you tried installing Catalina on your 2570p using RH's guide and kept on getting stuck on boot or whatever, use this EFI. After a successful boot to the desktop, you then have the option to learn more by following RH's post-install procedure. But for me, this EFI is enough as it works as expected (SpeedStep works). If you decide to just use the EFI as is, just generate a new serial number using Clover Configurator disable hibernate mode using RehabMan's terminal commands mentioned on this guide.

Attachments

• EFI_2x70_Catalina.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 103
any problems updating catalina to newest version? i used rehabman's guide and Hologos's Method to make bluetooth work.

OK, How is the result?

Sorry, didn't get to that. I managed to at least find the needed patch. macOS Catalina requires EC device (more on that here).

For both of my hackintoshes (both HPs), this is the needed patch, which is missing in Rehabman's minimal config.plist for installation.

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>change EC0 to EC</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>RUMwXw==</data>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>RUNfXw==</data>
</dict>

Place it under ACPI -> DSDT -> Patches. Tell me if you have succeeded. Sadly I won't get to verify that until this weekend.

any problems updating catalina to newest version? i used rehabman's guide and Hologos's Method to make bluetooth work.

No problems for me on both my hacks.

When i have installed Mojave on Probook 450 G3 after the second install of the apple wizard step (which i must chose the language etc.. ) can't see the screen. See attachment.

I have used the last clover EFI. Videomode set on 64mb How can i solve the problem?

View attachment 434604

Can somone help me please about my problem?? I need help :( I am sick on this step. Do i need to do maybe something with SMBIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back