Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you update with any problems? Or Just donwload and install?

Updated with no problems since Mojave directly from system prefs. I just updated the kexts from Mojave to Catalina with the ones u sent me.

From 10.15 to 10.15.1 no problems.

I'll still have Mojave installed on my first SSD. (Just in case)

This one that I'm using and updating it's a clone of the first SSD.
Probally this will become the first SSD, still testing for a few days just to be sure. The only thing happended till now, it's that one time appeared "kernel panic" on booting, but I started with -v(verbose), -f(not sure) and -x(safe mode) flags and rebooted to repair the installation(I think), and it started with no problems.

I'll uptade this if anything happens.

Update:
forgot to mention, the only thing that's not working that used to work on Mojave, it's sleep.

Hi to all
i have test the APP TV in Catalina, but I can see only green or black screen,
who have test this app?

All correct updating to 10.15.1
Hp elitebook 8470p
Now it seems faster

Thanks for the help

Hi to all
who have test this app?

You are probably experiencing DRM issues. Are you using WhateverGreen? Also, did you have DRM working before, in previous macOS versions (were you able to view protected/purchased movies in iTunes)?

If you couldn't then this is still the same problem; your DRM is not properly working. If you could see protected movies in iTunes before, then something in Catalina broke your DRM. Try searching the forum for DRM issues and various shikigva values that you can try (if using WhateverGreen).

Note that DRM is one of those things that has no definite/easy way of solving, sometimes people can get it to work, sometimes they cannot.... For example, I had DRM working on my ProBook G1 and G3, it didn't work on my G5, and I haven't tested it on my G6 yet...

I have HP Probook 450 G6 CPU i7-8565U , intel 620 , M2 256 , Ram 16 GB . any Guide .

Hi to all
who have test this app?
I can't get Apple TV to work either. When I try and play a movie in my Library it tries to start but immediately the window closes. If I try and play it in Youtube using Safari it gives an error. I have my library linked using Movies Anywhere. If I try and play it using Chrome it plays fine up to full 1080p which means the DRM is working as is HDCP.

I have HP Probook 450 G6 CPU i7-8565U , intel 620 , M2 256 , Ram 16 GB . any Guide .

I was able to install Mojave on mine, will do another install with Catalina and go from there. If you'd like to give it a try, I plan to start with the ProBook g5 base files, and tweak as I go.. I just haven't had time to do it, hopefully will have some time in the next week or 2. If I get it working I'll post a small how-to here or any files I update so others can use them.

I posted the required files for unsupported laptops a few pages back, but it seems that RehabMan is no longer on TMX, or something has happened to him :( so the repo or guide hasn't been updated...

I can't get Apple TV to work either. When I try and play a movie in my Library it tries to start but immediately the window closes. If I try and play it in Youtube using Safari it gives an error. I have my library linked using Movies Anywhere. If I try and play it using Chrome it plays fine up to full 1080p which means the DRM is working as is HDCP.

It seems that something changed in Catalina, or the new apps changed things. I'm not sure if it'll work on laptops, but for the desktop, @CaseySJ posted a board ID that can be used along with shikigva=32 that gets DRM working. Were you running Mojave before upgrading? Or is this a fresh install? If you upgraded from Mojave, was DRM working in iTunes in Mojave?

Off-topic:
Catalina stable release 10.15 runs fine on my 2570p but I strayed from RH's guide and used an EFI which I downloaded from an outside (chinese website) source. The EFI was specifically made for HP 25x0p tho. I think he followed RH's guide, but strayed a little bit by not installing some of RH's signature kexts (CodecCommander).

As far as I know, everything on the hardware side works -- cam, sound, even my wifi/bt combo card works. The best thing is that since it was made for 2570p, I'm up and running once I put the EFI where it belongs. I also got to avoid touching the system partition at all. The EFI's got it all working for me.

Happy that this old Ivy Bridge system still works with Catalina. I honestly thought Mojave will be the last hack that I can run on this machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back