Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Can someone please share their EFI folder for a "HP Probook 450 G1 i7 HD4600"

Have you tried making your own? Don't get me wrong, but it's better to do it yourself, because running hackintosh is more complicated than just getting EFI folder from somewhere.

Can someone please share their EFI folder for a "HP Probook 450 G1 i7 HD4600"

@mrclassicrecord, @Hologos is right, if you follow the guide you should be able to get a custom EFI for your system. You'll gain quite a bit of insight into the process while you are at it :)

Have you tried making your own? Don't get me wrong, but it's better to do it yourself, because running hackintosh is more complicated than just getting EFI folder from somewhere.
The last time I was able to install OS X, was Maverick with the old guide. Yes, I have tried this guide and I can't do the terminal codes well or extract and understand the github files. I actually can't get started becuase I can't grasp the jargon that seem to be full steps of doing something.

The last time I was able to install OS X, was Maverick with the old guide. Yes, I have tried this guide and I can't do the terminal codes well or extract and understand the github files. I actually can't get started becuase I can't grasp the jargon that seem to be full steps of doing something.

First before run scripts install clover to your HDD(SSD) and Don't forget to mount EFI before you run scripts download.sh on terminal

Power Management

Be aware that hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not supported on hackintosh.

You should disable it:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Always check your hibernatemode after updates and disable it. System updates tend to re-enable it, although the trick above (making sleepimage a directory) tends to help.

I just checked and the Catalina update really removed the directory. For those who followed my guide, check it as well.

I just checked and all links work. Which one didn't work for you? Were you logged in?

For some reason when I was trying to access the insanelymac topic, it wasn't working (the link is working right now) and I couldn't find the kexts I needed in github as well. But everything is working now, thanks to wiliplasen who shared the kexts he used in the same 8470p model with me.

By the way, just updated to 10.15.1 and geekbench increased a few points.

1572407216958.png

Thanks for the response.

Last edited:
For some reason when I was trying to access the insanelymac topic, it wasn't working (the link is working right now) and I couldn't find the kexts I needed in github as well. But everything is working now, thanks to wiliplasen who shared the kexts he used in the same 8470p model with me.

By the way, just updated to 10.15.1 and geekbench increased a few points.

View attachment 433442

Thanks for the response.
Did you update with any problems? Or Just donwload and install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back