Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I have a elitebook 8440P that, as per first page is not a compatible book, am I right? By the way, is there a possibility to use this laptop with MacOS? If yes which version should I install?

Thank you in advance.

This question is for moderators will @RehabMan come back or no?

O WOW, didn't realize that RehabMan was no longer on TMX... No wonder he never added the 450 G6 files I sent a while back... Does anyone know if he's still working on the ProBook repo/project? Is he OK?

I have a fully functional Mojave installed on my elitebook 8470p.
Is it possible to clone this SSD to another one?

The reason: I'm thinking about updating to Catalina directly from system prefs but I prefer to test it on a clone before updating the original system.

Thanks

I have a fully functional Mojave installed on my elitebook 8470p.
Is it possible to clone this SSD to another one?

The reason: I'm thinking about updating to Catalina directly from system prefs but I prefer to test it on a clone before updating the original system.

Thanks

That's a great idea! Always backup :)

Use SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner. They should both be able to make a backup of your disk to another disk. In this case, you can use an SSD docked to an external drive bey, it should work the same.

If using something like SuperDuper! it may not copy your EFI partition, but you can manually copy your EFI folder to the new cloned drive's EFI. Test the system by booting from the backup, to be sure all is in working order before you do the actual upgrade...

Hello guys! I have an Elitebook 840 G5 laptop...
I added -disablegfxfirmware, because in the last restart of Install I got a Kernel Panic.
Catalina Update went well, but I'm without bluetooth (DW1560) and without sound...
I used the most recent AppleALC, but it's not working for now...
Could you please post your EFI folder? I have the same model and want to try It. Did you need to change stock nvme?

Last edited:
Dude, just installed Catalina on mine 8470p. What did u do to fix wifi, bluetooth, brightness and sound?
could u send me the files u used?

Thanks!

I use this files and all Ok
sound, brightness, wifi ...

Attachments

• hp 8470p.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 155
I use this files and all Ok
sound, brightness, wifi ...

Thanks very much, I tried a few times to fixes the problems and already had given up lol.
I'll give it another try with these files.

Update:

Everything seems to work now except bt. I Just copied the files u sent me to /Library/Extensions and used kext wizard to rebuild cache and restore permissions, still doesnt work.

By the way, I use BCM94225HMB wifi + bt (also 8470p has a bluetooth module apart from the combocard)
1572017174327.png

1572017205884.png

Also found this:https://github.com/Hologos/hackinto...i/Upgrade-from-macOS-Mojave-to-macOS-Catalina

but I couldn't find BrcmPatchRAM3.kext anywhere, links provided doesn't work.

The only other issue i'm having its about turning on/off the system. It's taking way too long in comparission with Mojave.

Update 2:

It's working now, no clue what I did lol
1572018755682.png

Last edited:
is it ok to 'fork' Rehabmans work?

Anyone who can read rehabmans code work start a new github thing to update rehabmans work for mojave and catalina ?

O WOW, didn't realize that RehabMan was no longer on TMX... No wonder he never added the 450 G6 files I sent a while back... Does anyone know if he's still working on the ProBook repo/project? Is he OK?

Last edited:
Hello!

I am looking to buy an HP EliteBook 820 G2. Can someone please confirm what is the best Wi-Fi card for that laptop? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back