Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question, the webcam is ok?
I have Black image using it

Can I install Catalina according to these instructions?
Or do I need to wait for a RehabMan repository update?
I updated my Elitebook 840 G3 using current Rehabman's repo, follow the instruction for System update. Also, use these BT patches on Catalina. The ones from Rehabman's repo don't work on Catalina.

If you'd like, you can check my update process in this simple guide.

I updated my Elitebook 840 G3 using current Rehabman's repo, follow the instruction for System update. Also, use these BT patches on Catalina. The ones from Rehabman's repo don't work on Catalina.

Really good summary of what you did.

I've pretty much followed the same path (I have Windows 10 on a m.2 drive in my HP 840 G2 and used Macrium Reflect to clone my drive which worked perfectly), then ran the App Store update on the cloned drive which worked fine (although it took a long time). The only ongoing issue I now have after resolving wifi/BT (which I did also in the same way you did) is that the fan is always on. I haven't tried running the Rehabman update as listed in your summary, which I will try.

The only ongoing issue I now have after resolving wifi/BT (which I did also in the same way you did) is that the fan is always on. I haven't tried running the Rehabman update as listed in your summary, which I will try.

I have to admit that I noticed this behaviour too. But it's not happening anymore so I didn't bother searching for what have fixed that.

Edit: I think the fan is spinning all the time but it's at least quiet. It was running full speed of the time after upgrade. I haven't noticed if the fan was sometimes not spinning on Mojave. Do you know?

I have to admit that I noticed this behaviour too. But it's not happening anymore so I didn't bother searching for what have fixed that.

Edit: I think the fan is spinning all the time but it's at least quiet. It was running full speed of the time after upgrade. I haven't noticed if the fan was sometimes not spinning on Mojave. Do you know?

My fan in Mojave is very quiet - it spins up at times as I would expected depending on what I am doing. On Catalina it was running much faster and would run up quicker still as I used the system.

I did leave Catalina logged in for 12 hours in case it was converting something in the background. That didn't seem to make any real difference.

Is you battery indicator working as expected? I didn't stay on Catalina too long as the fan was a concern but from what I remember the battery seemed to stay at 100%, which it would not have done on Mojave.

What files did you delete from L/E specifically?

Updated my prebook 6570b to Catalina and used the new bcrm patches to make bluetooth work again.

Hi Rehab man,

Possibly not the correct forum for this question(s) but your expert advice would be appreciated.

Followed your guide as always, and I successfully completed Mojave install on an HP450 G1 with an i7 upgrade using BCM94352HMB for wifi/BT

Then I took a step too far... and went for Catalina... all good though apart from bluetooth. A known issue from my brief research.

Is there an easy fix to get this method working in Catalina... I know there is a fork to your brcmpatch work to install 3 kexts into Clover/kexts/ ... is this the way to go?

If so, I guess you are probably already working on integrating this into the above?

Thanks

Hi Rehab man,

Possibly not the correct forum for this question(s) but your expert advice would be appreciated.

Followed your guide as always, and I successfully completed Mojave install on an HP450 G1 with an i7 upgrade using BCM94352HMB for wifi/BT

Then I took a step too far... and went for Catalina... all good though apart from bluetooth. A known issue from my brief research.

Is there an easy fix to get this method working in Catalina... I know there is a fork to your brcmpatch work to install 3 kexts into Clover/kexts/ ... is this the way to go?

If so, I guess you are probably already working on integrating this into the above?

Thanks

@Hologos has created a nice guide to what he did here that I think will answer your question. It is for a different HP laptop but I suspect the answer will be the same (or at least a combination of the files being highlighted to use).

@Hologos has created a nice guide to what he did here that I think will answer your question. It is for a different HP laptop but I suspect the answer will be the same (or at least a combination of the files being highlighted to use).

Boom!

Instant magic mouse as soon as the kext rebuild executed...

:thumbup:

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back