Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated it like a real Mac, using the Installer from the App Store, even though it took long (quite an hour or so), it works. What doesn't work is Bluetooth. I've already tried many things, but nothing helped and honestly I don't really need it, but you should keep that in mind. The first thing I've noticed was the pretty long boot and shutdown time (3 or 4 times as long as it was under Mojave). The battery seems to be okay, not much better or worse as ist was under Mojave.
I am using the BCM43225HMB (branded by AzureWave)

I can't help you with the Bluetooth problem (it seems that almost everyone has some kind of problem with Bluetooth),
but I may can help you with the sound. In my case, the update changed the injected Audio-ID. What I did :

1. update Apple ALC
2. changing the injected Audio-ID back to the number I used before updating
3. reboot

After that it worked.

I did direct update my Hp Probook 4440s but Audio is not working for me. How can i get Audio-ID which was working before.

I have do a refresh install of Catalina on my HP EliteBook 8470p, the bluetooh do not works

I did direct update my Hp Probook 4440s but Audio is not working for me. How can i get Audio-ID which was working before.
copy newest AppleALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen kexts to Library/Extensions, than rebuild cache, than reboot. It works on my 4540s.

copy newest AppleALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen kexts to Library/Extensions, than rebuild cache, than reboot. It works on my 4540s.

@peti1000 Thanks for your reply. From where i can get the mention kext?

Well, it worked. Thanks.
But I've noticed something else. After I booted my System, it takes several Minutes till I can connect to or even choose a Wifi. Do you know why it takes that long?
I had the same issue, I noticed it connected as fast as before when I removed those 3 kexts, rebuild cache & fix permissions then restart.

I forgot to mention that since Catalina now moved macOS main file system to read-only mode you first need to run this command to

Disable Gatekeeper and mount file system in read/write mode:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
sudo killall Finder

Repair permissions & rebuild kernel cache:
Code:
sudo chown -v -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo chmod -v -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -v -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -i /

Alternatively you can use Hackintool which does this among other things: Hackintool read this guide

Last edited:
I finally have BT working again with my DW1830 in 10.15.

Weird... but I did a cold boot in safe mode and BT was working (immediately paired with my Magic Trackpad 2)... the logs obviously indicated that BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext were not loaded in safe mode.

Cold booted in normal mode and now with only BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext loaded in /L/E my BT is working again (DW1830).

I'm not sure how to check BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext logs or how it's affecting my system but when I remove it I get the message BT is not available.

Screenshot_2019-10-09 18.26.01_o4ZATq.png

Attachments

• BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 99

@Lightcatcher I have to say that I got the wifi working back.
I used AirportBrcmFixup + BrcmFirmwareRepo + BrcmNoPatchRam2, in /L*/E* (DW1560)
But nothing new about Bluetooth, it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back