Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Thanks for this guide, 99,9% things working.
But i can't see the time remaining in activity monitor for the battery can you help me?
% of battery work.

I have a Hp probook 6470b with original battery and a ivy cpu. Installed os : Sierra
Please

Catalina Update on
Hi marcelvn,
Did you tried to update to Catalina via AppStore?

Edit:
And one more question, did your webcam worked on Mojave?

Catalina Update went well on my HP EliteBook 8470p. The only thing that doesn't work, yet is Bluetooth

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-08 um 15.37.36.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-08 um 15.37.36.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 101
Catalina Update on

Catalina Update went well on my HP EliteBook 8470p. The only thing that doesn't work, yet is Bluetooth
Thanks for the info.

Can you please specify the steps you took during and after upgrade?

Edit:
What your wireless card?

Last edited:
Catalina Update on

Same here, HP EliteBook 840 G4, update from the App Store went OK, only Bluetooth is not working.

Wireless Card: DW1830

I tried to load firmware with this BrcmPatchRam fork (head to releases): headkaze/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

What I already tried so far:

load the 3 kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other -> leads to no bluetooth available

load the 3 kexts in /Library/Extensions [or load them both in /E/C/k/O and /L/E] then fix permissions and rebuild cache then restart -> BT shows and kinda scans devices.. but I cannot connect any device and something new I've noticed is that the physical BT indicator in my laptop flashes when it is scanning or trying to connect to something.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 12.41.27.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-08 at 12.42.13.png

Handoff works...

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 12.47.34.png

BT firmware fails to load with kexts in /L/E I guess... Firmware Version: v5 c4096

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 12.31.56.png

Hello guys! I have an Elitebook 840 G5 laptop...
I added -disablegfxfirmware, because in the last restart of Install I got a Kernel Panic.
Catalina Update went well, but I'm without bluetooth (DW1560) and without sound...
I used the most recent AppleALC, but it's not working for now...

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2019-10-08 às 17.00.03.png
    Captura de Tela 2019-10-08 às 17.00.03.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

Can you please specify the steps you took during and after upgrade?

Edit:
What your wireless card?

I updated it like a real Mac, using the Installer from the App Store, even though it took long (quite an hour or so), it works. What doesn't work is Bluetooth. I've already tried many things, but nothing helped and honestly I don't really need it, but you should keep that in mind. The first thing I've noticed was the pretty long boot and shutdown time (3 or 4 times as long as it was under Mojave). The battery seems to be okay, not much better or worse as ist was under Mojave.
I am using the BCM43225HMB (branded by AzureWave)

Hello guys! I have an Elitebook 840 G5 laptop...
I added -disablegfxfirmware, because in the last restart of Install I got a Kernel Panic.
Catalina Update went well, but I'm without bluetooth (DW1560) and without sound...
I used the most recent AppleALC, but it's not working for now...

I can't help you with the Bluetooth problem (it seems that almost everyone has some kind of problem with Bluetooth),
but I may can help you with the sound. In my case, the update changed the injected Audio-ID. What I did :

1. update Apple ALC
2. changing the injected Audio-ID back to the number I used before updating
3. reboot

After that it worked.

I updated it like a real Mac, using the Installer from the App Store, even though it took long (quite an hour or so), it works. What doesn't work is Bluetooth. I've already tried many things, but nothing helped and honestly I don't really need it, but you should keep that in mind. The first thing I've noticed was the pretty long boot and shutdown time (3 or 4 times as long as it was under Mojave). The battery seems to be okay, not much better or worse as ist was under Mojave.

I've noticed the long boot is due to the old BrcmRamPatch, replace or remove those 3 kexts and boot & shutdown will be normal again.

I've noticed the long boot is due to the old BrcmRamPatch, replace or remove those 3 kexts and boot & shutdown will be normal again.

Well, it worked. Thanks.
But I've noticed something else. After I booted my System, it takes several Minutes till I can connect to or even choose a Wifi. Do you know why it takes that long?

I have directly updated my Hp Probook 4440s to Catalina.

Everything working expect Audio.

Anyone can please help me.

kextstat showing below result:

46 1 0xffffff7f83425000 0xdf000 0xdf000 as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.3.3) B60FCBAF-6BC2-36EF-A1E6-D5BE2863C35B <43 13 8 6 5 3 2 1>

I can't help you with the Bluetooth problem (it seems that almost everyone has some kind of problem with Bluetooth),
but I may can help you with the sound. In my case, the update changed the injected Audio-ID. What I did :

1. update Apple ALC
2. changing the injected Audio-ID back to the number I used before updating
3. reboot

After that it worked.

Hey, thank you! It worked...
Another update: When I first updated, my wifi was working, but very slow, some minutes to conect...
I think I moved something out of place, and now I don't have wifi, as I don't have bluetooth (DW1560) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back