Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the letter (at least I hope so) with one exception for a kext which was not included in Rehabman's repository, so I picked it from tonymac's download section. I used rehab man's clover and also tried out Clover_v2.5k_r5070. The result was the same. With ages of waiting for installer to (re-)start I always end up with the grey screen/mouse cursor waiting for the window to pop up where you choose the country/language. The attached EFI is from the rehabman-clover build (Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c).
Thank you so much for having a closer look!

Also update to the latest clover.

What CPU do you have? What is your DVMT pre alloc?
i5 HD 5500. BIOS is latest 1.52. the DVMT pre alloc question is a tough one. The text says that the video memory size (mine is set to 64 MB) is dealt with via implemented plist patch...which could/should be disabled/enabled after(!?) the installation. But that didn't seem to matter as long as I tried 10.14.0. Why/how could this make a difference when I try to get my beloved fresh and clean vanilla 10.14.6?
And what exactly do you mean by recommending a clover update? Are you driving at the creating of a usb installer with clover 2.5k_r5070? This attempt has already failed. The only combination which let me through the complete set of installation from A-Z was Rehabman's clover build with 10.14.0.

EDIT: prabs99 - you're awesome! I deleted the plist entry for pre alloc. And there you go. It worked! I finally managed to get to the country selection screen and finish the installation properly - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! BIGGEST BEAR HUG AVAILABLE!!!

Last edited:
i5 HD 5500. BIOS is latest 1.52. the DVMT pre alloc question is a tough one. The text says that the video memory size (mine is set to 64 MB) is dealt with via implemented plist patch...which could/should be disabled/enabled after(!?) the installation. But that didn't seem to matter as long as I tried 10.14.0. Why/how could this make a difference when I try to get my beloved fresh and clean vanilla 10.14.6?
And what exactly do you mean by recommending a clover update? Are you driving at the creating of a usb installer with clover 2.5k_r5070? This attempt has already failed. The only combination which let me through the complete set of installation from A-Z was Rehabman's clover build with 10.14.0.

EDIT: prabs99 - you're awesome! I deleted the plist entry for pre alloc. And there you go. It worked! I finally managed to get to the country selection screen and finish the installation properly - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!! BIGGEST BEAR HUG AVAILABLE!!!

Download the latest clover from the soruceforge website. Version 5070 as of this writing. You want the latest UEFI drivers. Also caution when upgrading to 5070. Before you reboot, verify that all the drivers that you need are in new folder hierarchy.

Dear Rehabman,

in attachment my ioreg file after using USB3 and 2 devices.
My device is an HP Probook 450 G5. I ask you please to have a USB customisation

Regards,

Marco

Attachments

• MBP15ts.ioreg.zip
    887.4 KB · Views: 58
Dear Rehabman,

Regards,

Marco

There is a guide for customizing USB ports. See here

Dear Rehabman,

Regards,

Marco

Or try this. Guide

Hi,
Thanks for this guide, 99,9% things working.
But i can't see the time remaining in activity monitor for the battery can you help me?
% of battery work.

I have a Hp probook 6470b with original battery and a ivy cpu. Installed os : Sierra

Last edited:
Hi folks, I'm looking forward to installing macOS catalina on my hp 4540s now that public version is out. should we expect this thread to move into catalina laptop support section, anytime soon?

Hi folks, I'm looking forward to installing macOS catalina on my hp 4540s now that public version is out. should we expect this thread to move into catalina laptop support section, anytime soon?

As It is, I would not count on it

As It is, I would not count on it
Hi marcelvn,
Did you tried to update to Catalina via AppStore?

Edit:
And one more question, did your webcam worked on Mojave?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back