Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited previous post

I'm guessing it's booting directly into Windows? During post, press F9 to bring up Boot Options and select Clover. If this works, you need re-configure your boot order.

It actually boots into clover showing windows and Mojave. I go to windows and it works as normal, but when I go to Mojave it’ll show it’s loading then just restart.

It actually boots into clover showing windows and Mojave. I go to windows and it works as normal, but when I go to Mojave it’ll show it’s loading then just restart.
If you copied your post-install and boot files from your USB, then you did it wrong, please follow Post #1 in its entirety.

If you copied your post-install and boot files from your USB, then you did it wrong, please follow Post #1 in its entirety.
Round 3739191937 here I come.

Edit
So yeah after updating some drivers in windows things aren’t so friendly.

Last edited:
Round 3739191937 here I come.

Edit
So yeah after updating some drivers in windows things aren’t so friendly.
Sounds like your priority is to get your hardware running without issues, and the only way to do that is to have Windows installed. So you have 2 roads to take:
  1. Install Windows with all predient drivers and stabilize your hardware
  2. Install Windows, and run diagnostics on all your hardware and see where your fault is and possibly replace if necessary.
Only until either of those roads are traversed will you be able to go through the steps necessary to install macOS on your hardware.

Sounds like your priority is to get your hardware running without issues, and the only way to do that is to have Windows installed. So you have 2 roads to take:
  1. Install Windows with all predient drivers and stabilize your hardware
  2. Install Windows, and run diagnostics on all your hardware and see where your fault is and possibly replace if necessary.
Only until either of those roads are traversed will you be able to go through the steps necessary to install macOS on your hardware.
All good that's fine. I'm now struggling with the post install.

Hey, I have just installed mojave on my 9470m. After post installation guides, my laptop has a boot loop with that error. Please help me.

Attachments

• 658DCDA4-1CC1-4354-9B39-8EE4D3AC5C79.png
    658DCDA4-1CC1-4354-9B39-8EE4D3AC5C79.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 55
I have multiple Hp Folio 9470m. Once I had a good and stable running one, I owned several more and all I did was that I copied the SSD via Carbon Copy Cloner, installed Clover on the new SSD and copied the EFI Folder as well. This worked all the time for 4 HPs. But now I have another HP Folio 9470m, same specs as another one but the HP is only booting, Apple Logo shows up and then the Screen stays black. One can recognise that the light of the screen is on, but its black. If I hit some Keys I get the "Mägg" Error Sound out of the speaker, like you get it, when you type in the wrong password. I also tried to use my working SSD in the newer HP, in case the Clone was not perfect, but also my working SSD did not work on the newer owned HP. Its the same processor etc ... Same specs. I also updated BIOS and checked BIOS setting a lot of. Any idea?! I booted also in -v - the screen shot is what I get bevor it turns and stays black. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4703.jpg
    IMG_4703.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back