Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help. I was creating the installer and accidentally put disk1 instead of disk 5. Should I be worried? Will all my stuff on my PC be gone?
Edit
I think I just deleted my windows drive.
yes, you would have erased that drive

I just updated to 10.14.6

Elitebook 840g5 i5 fullHD display

Sound, trackpad and all other previously working functions are fine.

PR files attached for those who might be interested.
How is the trackpad working? I have a 830 g5 and needed a weird kext to get it working without scrolling and gestures
Also noticed that i have somehow reduced number of colours, its like 262.000 colours, all the shades / shadows look ugly. I have an ips panel

The possible values are READ, Q, RM, ORIG, and GRAP.

What do these acronyms mean? I guess:
- READ = read only
- Q = quiet
- RM = read + modify
- ORIG = original (unmodified)
- GRAP = ??? (have no idea)

How is the trackpad working? I have a 830 g5 and needed a weird kext to get it working without scrolling and gestures
Also noticed that i have somehow reduced number of colours, its like 262.000 colours, all the shades / shadows look ugly. I have an ips panel

I followed the guided, elitebook 8x0 G4 files, i2c branch

Good Morning.
I have a question about SSDT on my HP 840 G3.
There are some indications at the end of the guide. USB customization
My laptop is an 840 G3 and uses USBinjectAll.kext, but I have seen in the folder "project / hotpatch" a file called "SSDT-USB-8x0-G3" and I don't know how to proceed to install it.
I have tried to remove the kext USBincjetAll.kext and the USB ports are still working perfectly, but I would like to know if I should do something with that * .asl file
Thank you.

Good Morning.
My laptop is an 840 G3 and uses USBinjectAll.kext, but I have seen in the folder "project / hotpatch" a file called "SSDT-USB-8x0-G3" and I don't know how to proceed to install it.
I have tried to remove the kext USBincjetAll.kext and the USB ports are still working perfectly, but I would like to know if I should do something with that * .asl file
Thank you.
follow the whole guide as is. it will compile the files for you

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Good Morning.
Thank you.

Just use the post install script and dont mess with those files unless you know exactly what you are doing.
Elitebook 840 G3 already works great as a hackintosh with this Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back