Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I successfully installed Mojave 10.14.5 on my elitebook 8470p.
Was wondering, is there any way to make VGA or DisplayPort outputs to work? I'm trying to use an external display.

Thanks

Thanks Krazy-Killa, but I thought I read somewhere to try some guides closest/similar to your hardware but apparently I was wrong to assume.

I have only seen posts planning to buy the same model (dated 2013), no specific guides. Can another clean install revert back the changes? The USB ports were working 'pre-hotpatch'.

I used other guides but it simply didn't work. And yes I have tried all the available layout ids (around 18 of them) for a set of configuration. This guide fixed my audio but after injecting layout-id 6.
Quick searching I was only able to find guides for OS X 10.8 for your specific model, and even those guides don't have battery status functioning. And unfortunately to get proper brightness control and battery status requires very specific DSDT patching to get those functioning. WiFi your best bet is to find one of the recommended ones mentioned in Post #1, but that's as far as I go with this, as again this thread is for the HP ProBook line of laptops and anything outside of that is off-topic to this thread, and also since I have 0 knowledge of the Fujitsu LifeBook laptops.

Hi there,

I successfully installed Mojave 10.14.5 on my elitebook 8470p.
Was wondering, is there any way to make VGA or DisplayPort outputs to work? I'm trying to use an external display.

Thanks
VGA is unsupported, therefore disabled. There are unofficial ways of enabling it, but it breaks HDMI. Same goes with DisplayPort as far as I know.

VGA is unsupported, therefore disabled. There are unofficial ways of enabling it, but it breaks HDMI. Same goes with DisplayPort as far as I know.

My notebook (8470p) only has VGA and DisplayPort outputs, VGA I know it doesn't work cause on another hackintosh I did (Desktop computer), I had to use an adapter DisplayPort to VGA to get the video to work since I don't have a Displayport display, so I was trying to use this same adapter on Elitebook 8470p too, but it didn't work.

So if there's any way to enable displayport on 8470p was hoping for some guidance to fix it. Not sure if a kext or some config could make it work.

Ps.: Tested this same adapter on 8470p windows install, worked nice.

Thanks

My notebook (8470p) only has VGA and DisplayPort outputs, VGA I know it doesn't work cause on another hackintosh I did (Desktop computer), I had to use an adapter DisplayPort to VGA to get the video to work since I don't have a Displayport display, so I was trying to use this same adapter on Elitebook 8470p too, but it didn't work.

So if there's any way to enable displayport on 8470p was hoping for some guidance to fix it. Not sure if a kext or some config could make it work.

Ps.: Tested this same adapter on 8470p windows install, worked nice.

Thanks
If I recall, there should be a config plist file that is part of RehabMan's guide that enables displayport. Check the config folders where you pulled RehabMan's github and see if there are any references to "DP" instead of "HDMI"

Hi !

I've stumbled upon a strange laptop :
I currently have my hands on four ProBooks 450 G2 running i5 6200u

I've tried the two 4x2 G2 profiles as well as the 4x0 G3 (Skylake) one, doesn't work :
with each profile, the laptop reboots at more or less half the loading bar on first load, and then at the mere appearance of the loading bar after subsequent reboots

the "base" config based on the generic HD520 works, but without sound / brightness control / etc

I'm at work for now, will provide my current EFI files if needed, and will as well try the clover F4 thing.
I don't know how to generate the audio codec dump

Laptop is HP ProBook 450 G2,
I5 6200U (so HD 520 - set to 128Mb in bios)
100 series chipset
15.6" 1366x768 (or something like that, the generic minimum windows 10 resolution)
Wi-Fi Intel Wireless-AC 8260 (not investing until the rest works)
some have 4G RAM, one has 8G (for now)

EDIT : It was my mistake, the model number sticker on the laptop I used to experiment was faded.
A read on an other one that saw less use and hence didn't have a faded model number sticker showed they were 650G2s and not 450G2s.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    108.3 KB · Views: 411
  • lspci.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hi !

I've stumbled upon a strange laptop :
I currently have my hands on four ProBooks 450 G2 running i5 6200u

I've tried the two 4x2 G2 profiles as well as the 4x0 G3 (Skylake) one, doesn't work :
with each profile, the laptop reboots at more or less half the loading bar on first load, and then at the mere appearance of the loading bar after subsequent reboots

the "base" config based on the generic HD520 works, but without sound / brightness control / etc

I'm at work for now, will provide my current EFI files if needed, and will as well try the clover F4 thing.
I don't know how to generate the audio codec dump

Laptop is HP ProBook 450 G2,
I5 6200U (so HD 520 - set to 128Mb in bios)
100 series chipset
15.6" 1366x768 (or something like that, the generic minimum windows 10 resolution)
Wi-Fi Intel Wireless-AC 8260 (not investing until the rest works)
some have 4G RAM, one has 8G (for now)
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

I was following this part as it appears the laptop isn't listed anywhere.....
Unsupported laptops

If you think your laptop might be similar to the ones listed as supported, but needs only small tweaks, please provide the following information:

- native DSDT/SSDT files extracted via Clover F4 (ACPI/origin)
- audio codec dump from Linux
- full hardware details (CPU, chipset, graphics device, screen resolution, etc)
- output from 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal

EDIT : wait... I've just rechecked again, they're not 450G2, but 650G2
I may have been fighting this since last week for nothing ><

EDIT2 : Yup, i was dumb visually impaired, sorry...
Should have read more carefully the model number on the back, thought it was a 4 that was faded, nope, it was a 6.
The one i had at work wasn't used as much so model number was almost pristine, would have saved so much time if i had looked at that one before :x
Almost everything works, except wifi / bluetooth (expected), "nipple" mouse (sadly expected, is there truly no way to get it working ?), and SD Card (expected).
Also, Windows key (right of space bar) and Alt-Gr key (left of space bar) seem to be interchanged, is there a way to edit keyboard settings to set them right ? Currently, i need to do Alt-Gr + c to copy, and "Windows" + 0 on my french azerty keyboard to get the @. NVM, found keyboard settings, set "command" to "option" key and vice versa.

Last edited:
marcelvn
Is powermanegement working for you ?
I have the same model as you and in Windows 10 geekbench is about 15.000 but in mojave only about 9.000.
I've tried sysdef. 11.1 - 14.1 - 15.2 and according to Intel Powergadget it doesn't reach 3.6 ghz but stays around 2,0 ghz.
And yes i enabled plugintype.
Any idea ?

Solved:
Had to enable Turbo Boost on DC in bios (Advanced/System Option)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back