Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have successfully booted Mojave 10.14.5 on my HP Probook 640 G1 (6x0)
Specs:
Core i7-4702MQ
HD 4600, 1366x768
HDD 500GB
8GB RAM
Everything works fine except for single and double click on trackpad and battery icons disappears when enabling it.
For trackpad:
The single tap and double tap work on the log in screen but as soon as i enter my password and log in it doesn't. It only moves the cursor and only scroll gestures work. It also does show trackpad settings on system preferences.
I have tried forcing HFS+J on the hard disk still the same, and still happens on APFS too. VoodooPS2controller is installed too. I have attached my EFI/CLOVER folder
For battery icon:
It just reverts when i enable it in SysPref.

Thanks for you time!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 76
For trackpad:
The single tap and double tap work on the log in screen but as soon as i enter my password and log in it doesn't. It only moves the cursor and only scroll gestures work. It also does show trackpad settings on system preferences.
I have tried forcing HFS+J on the hard disk still the same, and still happens on APFS too. VoodooPS2controller is installed too.
[/QUOTE]

Ok so guys i think i have found the solution. Did some digging on github and found a trackpad.sh file that fixes the tap and gestures issues.
Link: https://github.com/boochtek/mac_config/blob/master/trackpad.sh To save right click on raw and choose save as or download link. To run the trackpad.sh: Right click>open with>other>utilities>terminal and open the script will run and complete, reboot and voila tap, tap and drag, three finger gestures, scrolling, etc. Note: If terminal is greyed out change Recommend apps to All Apps at the "Enable:" part

So i have successfully booted Mojave 10.14.5 on my HP Probook 640 G1 (6x0)
Specs:
Core i7-4702MQ
HD 4600, 1366x768
HDD 500GB
8GB RAM
Everything works fine except for single and double click on trackpad and battery icons disappears when enabling it.
For trackpad:
I have tried forcing HFS+J on the hard disk still the same, and still happens on APFS too. VoodooPS2controller is installed too. I have attached my EFI/CLOVER folder
For battery icon:
It just reverts when i enable it in SysPref.

Thanks for you time!
If you're using a conventional platter HDD (not a SSD), then you have to use HFS+J to get the battery to function properly, but if you absolutely have to use APFS on a HDD, then you need to add a boot flag argument to increase the delay of the battery subsystem kicking on before boot up to get the battery icon to function properly.

If you're using a conventional platter HDD (not a SSD), then you have to use HFS+J to get the battery to function properly, but if you absolutely have to use APFS on a HDD, then you need to add a boot flag argument to increase the delay of the battery subsystem kicking on before boot up to get the battery icon to function properly.

I'm on HFS+J on my HDD but I still have this problem. What boot flag exactly am I supposed to add to get this working? Any guides?

I successfully installed mojave on my HP 850 G2 everything works perfectly except sleep and shutdown

Info:
HP Elitebook 840 G2
Intel core i7-5600U
Intel HD 5500 1080*1920
Ram 8GB

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.2 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Hello,
I installed this once and it was working
but i messed up something and i didnt have backup
Now i tried this again and everything is working except battery status and trackpad
So any solution?

I have HP Probook 440 G4:
i5 7200U
upgraded to 16GB RAM
intel hd 620
latest bios

Thank you very much for your reply!
In the meantime I did much research about the card and therefore I found no acceptable solution for it. Downgrading kexts, as I found out, is also a security risk and can cause as well other problems, so it should not be done. Anyway, I didn't managed to get it working even with the downgraded kext. It had sleep issues etc. So, I just sent the card back and bought a USB card which seems to work right now.
Hi
Could you please share your clover?
I installed successfully 10.14.3, but I cant install/update 10.14.5. It seems the problem is in clover

Hi
Could you please share your clover?
I installed successfully 10.14.3, but I cant install/update 10.14.5. It seems the problem is in clover
update to the latest version of clover via sourceforge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back