Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ofcourse you need to use the appropriate config.plist for your laptop.
such as the ones under File Vault 2. Also, not clear as to the aptio drivers.

such as the ones under File Vault 2. Also, not clear as to the aptio drivers.
I'm not sure about the later ProBook models but the 44x0s series ProBook have a hard time with FileVault 2 because of the PS2 keyboard and mouse. If you feel like you must, when you update clover choose all FileVault drivers during installation, and prepare for a lot of diagnosing and headaches.

I upgraded to Mojave 10.14 from Sierra using this guide, well, mostly. See, I followed this guide to the letter when I installed Sierra. Now, I decided to upgrade directly to Mojave, I used a different approach:

1. USB creation. I followed this guide for partitioning the usb. But the createinstallmedia approach in creating the installer won't let me finish the installation process. So I tried tried dosdude's procedure in creating the installer. Cash!

2. I installed latest clover on the USB drive. Copied my current Sierra's EFI contents to that of USB drive's.

3. I erased my Sierra partition and I installed from scratch. I just copied over my old Sierra EFI contents to the new Mojave's EFI hard drive partition, and proceeded to do post-install procedures.

4. Everything is working perfectly except for audio. Before post-installation and after post-installation, I did not get audio.

Is there anyone here who faced the same "no audio" issue after upgrading to Mojave and have successfully resolved the no audio issue?

PS, I install the 10.14 (not the latest release) because that's the one I happened to download a few months back.

Can anyone shed some light on my sleep issue. I can get the laptop to sleep but it will not wake from sleep. Sleep works great from Windows. I had Rehabman look at my problem reporting files multiple times and can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I have gone over the guide multiple times and did a fresh install. I have tried with my M.2 windows ssd removed and with my Dell DW1560 wifi card removed, nothing seems to help. I am attaching my most up-to-date problem reporting files.

Attachments

• debug_2348.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 56
Changing my layout-id in SSDT-4x0G4k.aml to 21 & updating AppleALC.kext fixed this issue for me:

Thank you Nexus5

Last edited:
Hello @RehabMan iv'e got a strange issue, i was upgrading (so, my BIOS it's well configurated) from 10.13 to 10.14 by clean install. Everything made as post #1, kext ok, system ok, boot ok...but after a few seconds it completly freezes all. Don't think need it but, attach problem reporting files anyway
Also i've put a -v mode ss, says it's ralated to ACPI

Attachments

• IMG_20190605_130229.jpg
    IMG_20190605_130229.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 53
  • 650G2.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 63
Hello @RehabMan iv'e got a strange issue, i was upgrading (so, my BIOS it's well configurated) from 10.13 to 10.14 by clean install. Everything made as post #1, kext ok, system ok, boot ok...but after a few seconds it completly freezes all. Don't think need it but, attach problem reporting files anyway
Also i've put a -v mode ss, says it's ralated to ACPI
Just from the screenshot alone, you've got a lot of ACPI errors happening which means you did not follow the guide in Post #1 completely. Please follow the guide thoroughly and pay close attention to the ACPI Configuration portion of the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back