Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just successfully installed Elitebook 850 G5 and almost everything working expect trackpad and webcam.
I'm sure, that I have Synaptics PS/2 touchpad as it work in FileVault2 rebooter, but with VoodooPS2 don't work. I tried alternative non maintained kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext with it touchpad working, but without any scrolling. I also have problem with keyboard. So better solution will be get it working with VoodooPS2.
Did you someone have similar problem?
I'm attaching my IOReg output.

Non working camera didn't bothers me, but get it working will be also great :).

Would you mind sharing the kext that you needed to install to get everything working (except for the two issues that you've got)? I have exactly the same model as you and I have managed to install Mojave, but WiFi isn't working and neither is Audio.

Hi there,

is it possible to make SD card reader of Elitebook 8470p to work on Mojave 10.14.5?

Thanks.

Would you mind sharing the kext that you needed to install to get everything working (except for the two issues that you've got)? I have exactly the same model as you and I have managed to install Mojave, but WiFi isn't working and neither is Audio.
Stick with the guide and use 450 G5 files. You will get great results. You need of course compatible wifi DW1560.

Right now I try to solve remaining issues and preparing my own ACPI files. I will post it if I have some good results.

Hey folks. I need some help. When I try to install 10.14.5 my laptop say it’s incompatible and the hard drive is gray.
Before installation did you format the partition in HFS+ using Disk utility?

I just successfully installed Elitebook 850 G5 and almost everything working expect trackpad and webcam.
I'm sure, that I have Synaptics PS/2 touchpad as it work in FileVault2 rebooter, but with VoodooPS2 don't work. I tried alternative non maintained kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext with it touchpad working, but without any scrolling. I also have problem with keyboard. So better solution will be get it working with VoodooPS2.
Did you someone have similar problem?
I'm attaching my IOReg output.

Non working camera didn't bothers me, but get it working will be also great :).

Try switching to i2c branch and use elitebook G4 files. I have an elite book G5 on 10.14.2 and camera, audio and trackpad are working fine. I have some posts earlier in this thread with PR files that you may want to check.

Make sure you have a recommended wifi card and try i2c branch

Actually formatted it to GUID partition map like I always do.
That is the partition table. You need to create a partition with 'mac os extended journaled'(for HDD) or 'APFS'(for SSD). Then install the OS on that particular partition.

Stick with the guide and use 450 G5 files. You will get great results. You need of course compatible wifi DW1560.

Right now I try to solve remaining issues and preparing my own ACPI files. I will post it if I have some good results.

Thanks, I'm going to redo the whole thing following it step by step. What config_plist did you use? It seems the 850G5 has a UHD 620 but the GitHub repo only has UHD630 (config_UHD630.plist) files, the 620 one is only HD620 (config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist).

I guess it might be the UHD630 one as the 850 G5 has a CoffeeLake processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back