Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently upgraded to Mojave(10.14) and it shows there is an update available to 10.14.5. But when I restart my pc for the update it shows 2 options:
1) Mac OS installer
2) Boot from my installed Mojave
Whenever I choose the installer option it just hangs on the loading apple logo and doesn't proceed any further. How can I update to the latest version?

*Also can anyone guide me how to align the apple logo in the centre of the screen.

Attachments

• IMG_20190520_011340957.jpg
    IMG_20190520_011340957.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20190520_011345525.jpg
    IMG_20190520_011345525.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 51
I recently upgraded to Mojave(10.14) and it shows there is an update available to 10.14.5. But when I restart my pc for the update it shows 2 options:
1) Mac OS installer
2) Boot from my installed Mojave
Whenever I choose the installer option it just hangs on the loading apple logo and doesn't proceed any further. How can I update to the latest version?

*Also can anyone guide me how to align the apple logo in the centre of the screen.
Updating takes just as long as actually installing, please give the update at least 30-45 minutes to complete before restarting, and if it hangs longer than that, provide problem reporting files which is detailed in Post #1 of this thread.

ZBook_G2_haswell _alc280

run install_acpi.sh ZBook_G2_haswell _alc280

cp: ./build/SSDT-FAN_alc280.aml: No such file or directory
SSDT-IGPU.aml SSDT-zbG2h.aml

where is SSDT-FAN_alc280.aml? Did you forget it in build.sh ?

I just successfully installed Elitebook 850 G5 and almost everything working expect trackpad and webcam.
I'm sure, that I have Synaptics PS/2 touchpad as it work in FileVault2 rebooter, but with VoodooPS2 don't work. I tried alternative non maintained kext ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext with it touchpad working, but without any scrolling. I also have problem with keyboard. So better solution will be get it working with VoodooPS2.
Did you someone have similar problem?
I'm attaching my IOReg output.

Non working camera didn't bothers me, but get it working will be also great :).

Attachments

• keciEB.ioreg.zip
    659.7 KB · Views: 66
Any fix for the headphone jack not working?

Mojave 10.14.5 on a ProBook 2560P with Intel HD3000 graphics. Can be done, but wasn't entirely fun getting it all working.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.22.13 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.22.13 AM.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.22.00 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.22.00 AM.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 74
Trying to install MacOS Mojave on HP 450 G5, but cannot get to the installer. Get a kernel panic. I am attaching my EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 57
"Automatic restart" after Apple->Shutdown on certain laptops: This has been fixed for Skylake and KabyLake laptops supported by this guide. If the fix is needed for others, it is easy to add.

Has anyone encountered the automatic restart issue when trying to shutdown your laptop? I've been suffering from this issue for a while now after I replaced the stock wifi card with a compatible hackintosh-friendly wifi-bluetooth combo card.

While the laptop's wifi slot has pins for bluetooth, the corresponding pins were not connected to any power source so, to enable the BT part of the combo card, I needed to create a jumper, so I can connect the BT pins from the wifi slot to the docking port's USB pins where it can draw power from the motherboard.

The combo card works. The wifi-bt combo is a dual-band wireless AC card. The BT is 4.0 and works with bluetooth mouse. The only issue I have is the automatic restart. I am glad I am still on a dual boot setup because I can only shutdown the laptop by choosing to boot from my Windows partition and shutdown from the login screen.

I have a hypothesis that since the only thing that changed in my hack was the addition of another USB BT pheripheral (the BT from the combo card), I think the "new USB" somehow messed up something, somewhere. I am thinking of following a thread to create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll guide, but I'm just gonna ask here first in case someone has encountered this issue already and had solved it in a different way.

Mojave 10.14.5 on a ProBook 2560P with Intel HD3000 graphics. Can be done, but wasn't entirely fun getting it all working.

hi @MacDaddy123 , can you explain the challenges/obstacles you found when updating from 10.14.4 to 10.14.5 and how did you solve them?
Thanks!

QUESTION: For updating 10.14.4 to 10.14.5 in HP Probook laptop that has followed this thread's guide, do I have to do anything special? or just normally update from the "Software Updare" in System Preferences? (BTW: I updated Clover to rev. 4920)

Last edited:
updated successfully too 10.14.5
Now Chrome and Firefox are not rendering web pages correctly & flickering.
Anyone else see this too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back