Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember where I got the Yosemite kext file. It was on one of the forum threads here. I searched through my bookmarks without success. I was going to post a link but I see it is the same one you added in your edit. He mentions attaching files but they are not in the first post; maybe in another post?

I did not have trouble booting. I occasionally get a kernel panic (well, the laptop restarts by itself) but that could be dur to anything else (audio, power control, ...). I had tried taping over the pins that are used for sleep, but it turned out to be unnecessary once I found that kext.WiFi works perfectly. Bluetooth also works but it does not connect automatically to my mouse (my MacBook Air does).

The Yosemite kext has to replace one in /S/L/E. All other kexts I put in the EFI (Clover/kexts/other).
Thank you very much for your reply!
In the meantime I did much research about the card and therefore I found no acceptable solution for it. Downgrading kexts, as I found out, is also a security risk and can cause as well other problems, so it should not be done. Anyway, I didn't managed to get it working even with the downgraded kext. It had sleep issues etc. So, I just sent the card back and bought a USB card which seems to work right now.

View attachment 402351

@alanmac27 were you able to fix this? I am having the same displaced apple screen on boot(no huge deal, but ugly) and as you know, I have the same HP Probook 450 G5 as you . Of the 3 display options that this model was sold with, I have the one with the shittiest display panel, the HD 1366x768 one:thumbdown

I was trying to follow @Krazy-Killa 's recommendation, I looked in my config.plist and resolution is set as 1024x768, however in my BIOS I cannot seem to find which setting would set it to "Boot Mode with CSM-Hybrid mode enabled"

I was unable to find such an option in my bios. Now I know it's normal and I understand what causes it I am not so bothered anymore. I very rarely reboot the laptop.

Has anyone gotten Displayport and Audio out working on HP Ultraslim dock station? I've been trying on my HP 840 G2 and haven't gotten it working...Im using this guide

Has anyone gotten Displayport and Audio out working on HP Ultraslim dock station? I've been trying on my HP 840 G2 and haven't gotten it working...Im using this guide

I can't comment on the audio but the displayport works fine for me using a displayport to DVI adapter.

Hi everyone,

Well sorry but dumb question here. I copied my EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file to my documents as Rehabman said it's not safe to edit directly the file with clover configurator, then I opened it with clover configurator and then I go to SMBios it's totally empty:

So I clicked on the arrow on the right and selected manually the model that is referenced up there "MacbookAir7,2" and everything appeared:

So now what I have to do is to click on Generate New many times so it creates a non existing one as I understood correctly?
Then it saids to copy/paste on the true config.plist one with a plist editor. I use plist editor pro but when I opened my file with it, I don't know where to paste it.

It seems like my original config.plist file is missing some infos.

Could you tell me what to do so I can do it safely?

Thank you in advance :)

Hi everyone,

Well sorry but dumb question here. I copied my EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file to my documents as Rehabman said it's not safe to edit directly the file with clover configurator, then I opened it with clover configurator and then I go to SMBios it's totally empty:
View attachment 403341

So I clicked on the arrow on the right and selected manually the model that is referenced up there "MacbookAir7,2" and everything appeared:
View attachment 403342

So now what I have to do is to click on Generate New many times so it creates a non existing one as I understood correctly?
Then it saids to copy/paste on the true config.plist one with a plist editor. I use plist editor pro but when I opened my file with it, I don't know where to paste it.

View attachment 403345

It seems like my original config.plist file is missing some infos.

Could you tell me what to do so I can do it safely?

Thank you in advance :)
open clover configurator, create a new dummy file on the desktop, go to SMBIOS create what you need and save

then close CC, open both files in PlisEditPro and and copy new smbios to your current config.plist

I can't comment on the audio but the displayport works fine for me using a displayport to DVI adapter.
Displayport works if I don't use dock. So I guess it has something to do with the ID for the GPU and number of ports.

Hi, I use this hotpatch to install Mojave on HP ZBook G2 15, almost works, but still has some issue.

1. DisplayPort does not work
2. Audio only work with headphone, no speaker, no mic (only headphone and line in)
3. Glitch on login after boot (workaround: press the power button to sleep and resume, please the video)

how could I fix these issue? Thanks

On bios select uefi with csm option not without csm

I set up a ProBook 450 G4 for a friend using this guide and just about everything works, but the headphone jack doesn't

Is there any way to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back