Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done my best to read all I can before posting and each day I seem to be getting a little bit further without needing to ask for help but I can't seem to find a solution to the latest problem. I have a HP ProBook 450 G5 (3KY20ET#ABU) with Intel Core i5-8250U using Intel UHD Graphics 620. I have disabled the BIOS settings as suggested in this guide and I got the latest Mojave installer (10.14.4 ) on my real mac. I used the createinstallmedia method with my USB3. I used the suggested config file (config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist) from RehabMan's repository and I used the latest clover build from RehabMan's repository (Clover_v2.4k_r4701). I added the suggest kexts from the guide too. I had to wait around 40 minutes to get the installer to boot and the installation appeared to finish successfully after the second reboot. After completing the second phase of the installation I tried to boot from my HDD using clover and it doesn't seem to reach the desktop after 5+ hours of waiting. I tried using the -v switch to get a verbose output and this is what it looked like.

I seem to keep getting busy timeout[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU' messages.

View attachment 400297

I also tried RehabMan's UHD630 config file too. Sometimes I could get a cursor if I plugged a USB mouse in and out or tried plugging the laptop into my TV via HDMI. Regardless I kept getting AppleACPICPU messages on each boot and never actually reaching the desktop.
update your clover to latest via sourceforge (Rehabman's version needs a little update)

update your clover to latest via sourceforge (Rehabman's version needs a little update)

Firstly, thank you very much for your reply. I have just tried this. I updated clover on the USB stick to the latest version on sourceforge and used Rehab man's config (config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist). The laptop reboots very quickly before I get a chance to read the output. I tried using the default config file and I get stuck at "End RandomSeed". Should I be using a different config? I couldn't find a UHD620 config file.

Firstly, thank you very much for your reply. I have just tried this. I updated clover on the USB stick to the latest version on sourceforge and used Rehab man's config (config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist). The laptop reboots very quickly before I get a chance to read the output. I tried using the default config file and I get stuck at "End RandomSeed". Should I be using a different config? I couldn't find a UHD620 config file.
I used the UHD630 for my ProBook 430 G5 (also UHD 620) and it worked.

I used the UHD630 for my ProBook 430 G5 (also UHD 620) and it worked.

Hello cyrentix, thanks for your input too. I tried the Rehabman UHD630 config with the latest cover and it does the same thing, it just reboots when attempting to boot the installer from USB or OSX from the HDD. When using Rehab UDH630 config with Rehab man's most recent clover I was able to boot the installer if I waited long enough. I still had AppleACPICPU messages though.

Hello cyrentix, thanks for your input too. I tried the Rehabman UHD630 config with the latest cover and it does the same thing, it just reboots when attempting to boot the installer from USB or OSX from the HDD. When using Rehab UDH630 config with Rehab man's most recent clover I was able to boot the installer if I waited long enough. I still had AppleACPICPU messages though.
Try to use exactly the same kexts and UEFI drivers like I have in the attached screenshot. Also, don't use RM Clover (it's outdated, had the same problem as you had with that) but the original one. Start completely from scratch, format your drive (GPT), install clover, kexts, UEFI drivers, use UHD630 config and then createmedia.

Attachments

• kexts.JPG
    kexts.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 257
Try to use exactly the same kexts and UEFI drivers like I have in the attached screenshot. Also, don't use RM Clover (it's outdated, had the same problem as you had with that) but the original one. Start completely from scratch, format your drive (GPT), install clover, kexts, UEFI drivers, use UHD630 config and then createmedia.

That worked, thank you very much! Do I continue following the guide for post installation? Or is anything else out of date? Also did you manage to get hardware acceleration working?

That worked, thank you very much! Do I continue following the guide for post installation? Or is anything else out of date? Also did you manage to get hardware acceleration working?
You can just follow the guide (but again don't use RM clover). In the post installation just copy the same kexts and UEFI drivers from the flash drive to the EFI partition after installing clover.
Hardware acc. works quite well if you follow the guide.

My keyboard an Touchpad ar not working please help me

My keyboard an Touchpad ar not working please help me

Depending on your hardware install the voodoo ps2 controller kext into the "Other" directory in Clover.

i own a 450 G2 Broadwell PC with MacOs 10.11. All was working fine, then i updated with this command

Maybe you forgot to run the script for your notebook model and copy the uptaded config.plist after those steps? If you manage to boot (try the usb installer), you should be able to fix it

Aside from marcelvn's excellent suggestion, make sure you have the latest Clover version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back