Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help!! Stuck in constant reboot loop after following the steps in the guide. I have an elitebook 820 G3 that i have tried to install Mojave. The computer boots fine before following the steps for the post install. After the steps for post install , i am in constant reboot loop.
I am getting a Kernel Panic Error /the computer stops at
Last Loaded Kext at 8441346529: @Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X 7.0.0

Thanks
Help!! Stuck in constant reboot loop after following the steps in the guide. I have an elitebook 820 G3 that i have tried to install Mojave. The computer boots fine before following the steps for the post install. After the steps for post install , i am in constant reboot loop.
I am getting a Kernel Panic Error /the computer stops at
Last Loaded Kext at 8441346529: @Dont_Steal_Mac_OS_X 7.0.0

Thanks
SOLVED MY PROBLEM: IT WAS DUE TO VIDEO MEMORY ALLOCATION

Hello, I followed all the steps and I have a problem, after the login The trackpad stops working (before the SI), and the battery icon disappears (it loads together with all others, WiFi, sound, etc.. and disappears in a second) I tried everything , disable TRIM, reinstall Kext but does not work and no longer what to do.
Any ideas? By the way the laptop is an HP 820 G1, also the probe on a 430 G2 and it happened the same.
Thank you

I followed this guide with my Elitebook 840 G4 and it works... mostly...

Everything is fine until some random amount of time later at which the mouse cursor starts (what seems like) lagging with overall system slowdown...

Once this starts, going into sleep, shutting down, or restarting causes the system to restart at which point it displays a kernel panic message

The specs are:
Elitebook 840 G4
i7-7600U
512GB Intel NVME SSD
WWAN card
16GB RAM
BCM94352Z wireless card

Last edited:
Where did you get voodoo clover ? can you give me more info please. thank you
You should not need VoodooHDA to get audio with that model, if you follow the guide as written in Post #1, audio should work with AppleHDA.kext semi-natively.

No, but I have it in my HP ProBook 450 G5 and it works. The most important thing about getting it working is to use Yosemite's IO80211Family.kext (the one from Mojave won't work with it). The most recent comment on the site you linked to is from me - I didn't know I could speak Portuguese ^_^ Apart from using that (replacing the one in SLE) you do not need to de anything complicated.

To get Bluetooth working properly, add:
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
into the EFI and do not use AirportBrcmFixup (that makes the Bluetooth mouse behave erratic and causes kernel panics, as far as I can tell).

Add
  • BT4LEContinuityFixup
to the EFI for continuity.

What works:
  • WiFi (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz)
  • AirDrop to/from iMac, MacBook Air and iPhone
  • copy & paste text to/from iPhone, iMac, ...
  • continuity in Safari across devices (but it seems slower to spot the ProBook webpages)
  • WiFi in Windows 10 (that came on a M.2, Mojave is on an SSD)
In the comment on AliExpress, I may have said I needed to tape over some pins. That turned out to be unnecessary after finding out about the Yosemite kext.

The BCM94350ZAE is a super WiFi card and really cheap too. I can recommend it.

Hi!

How did you installed it? After inserting the card, my ProBook 430 G5 won't boot anymore (hangs on Apple logo). Did you installed all the kexts before?
Can you please provide some link where you managed to find Yosemite's IO80211Family.kext?

Thank you!

EDIT!
Did you have any problems with the card as written here?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-stable-currently-testing-new-methods.265130/

Last edited:
clover updated to new version.

repeat all the post install tasks in post 1?

I have done my best to read all I can before posting and each day I seem to be getting a little bit further without needing to ask for help but I can't seem to find a solution to the latest problem. I have a HP ProBook 450 G5 (3KY20ET#ABU) with Intel Core i5-8250U using Intel UHD Graphics 620. I have disabled the BIOS settings as suggested in this guide and I got the latest Mojave installer (10.14.4 ) on my real mac. I used the createinstallmedia method with my USB3. I used the suggested config file (config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist) from RehabMan's repository and I used the latest clover build from RehabMan's repository (Clover_v2.4k_r4701). I added the suggest kexts from the guide too. I had to wait around 40 minutes to get the installer to boot and the installation appeared to finish successfully after the second reboot. After completing the second phase of the installation I tried to boot from my HDD using clover and it doesn't seem to reach the desktop after 5+ hours of waiting. I tried using the -v switch to get a verbose output and this is what it looked like.

I seem to keep getting busy timeout[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU' messages.

I also tried RehabMan's UHD630 config file too. Sometimes I could get a cursor if I plugged a USB mouse in and out or tried plugging the laptop into my TV via HDMI. Regardless I kept getting AppleACPICPU messages on each boot and never actually reaching the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back