Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this wifi card compatible for mojave

Refer to this guide linked from the FAQ:

Refer to this guide linked from the FAQ:

Please answer to me only with "Yes/No" i have found another one dw1510 is this wifi card compatible with Mac OS Mojave ? Thank You

Please answer to me only with "Yes/No" i have found another one dw1510 is this wifi card compatible with Mac OS Mojave ? Thank You

No personal experience with DW1510, therefore impossible for me to answer your question in that way.
For you to investigate.

If you do a simple google search for BCM94352HMB you will find multiple ads for this on different sites. Below is one example on ebay. Instead of looking for cards that are not on this guide go with one that is on the guide with the exact model number like the one Rehabman has specified in the guide and in multiple replies.

Mainly working ^_^ just some small things are not quite right

Hi @RehabMan. Thanks for the guide.

I have Mojave 10.14.3 running on a HP ProBook 450 G5. I have graphics, sound, wired ethernet (wifi card is on its way). Even iMessage works! What is not quite perfect:
  • the numeric keypad cannot be used for navigation (arrow keys, page up/down, home/end do not work)
  • "smooth" transitions for brightness - the brightness changes in full steps, the lowest turns off the screen completely
  • "smooth" transitions for sound - again full steps only
All quite minor but I really would like to make use of the home/end page up/down and arrow keys.

(When I first tried following your guide, I hit a dead end because the CPU was not recognised. Later, I found the necessary values for my CPU. Then I went back to your guide.)

I followed your guide after I had already tried various things to get the battery status working. When I completed the post-installation steps the battery status functioned correctly. Thanks for that - it is an important feature. As a bonus, I had the following:
  • small steps for brightness and sound (as you normally get by holding OPTION and SHIFT when using the controls)
  • brightness never drops to total black but behaves like on Apple hardware and just gets very dark
  • the numlock keys worked, meaning I could use the arrow keys, page up/down etc.

Because most of the multi-finger gestures did not work on the trackpad I tried to get them working. (Some two and three finger gestures work but most don't.) The trackpad is a Synaptics I2C. I tried, for example, using the VoodooI2C kexts and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext without success. But somehow, I have lost the ability to use the numeric keypad for navigation and the smooth transitions for brightness and sound are gone too.

I have tried undoing everything I tried but it hasn't helped. I also re-did the post-installation steps from your guide. Again to no avail. In summary:
Bash:
$ cd ~/Projects/probook.git
$ ./download.sh
$ ./install_downloads.sh
$ ./install_acpi.sh install_4x0g5_kabylake-r
$ cp config/config_4x0_G5_Kabylake-R.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

And, of course, then updating the SMBIOS section.

But I can't the navigation keys on the numeric keypad working. I can't see what I have done wrong. Can you spot anything?

Should I try using the I2C branch in the source repository?

Attachments

• debug_24335.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
The trackpad is a Synaptics I2C. I tried, for example, using the VoodooI2C kexts and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext without success.

I2C support is in the 'i2c' branch.

But I can't the navigation keys on the numeric keypad working

Real Macs do not have these keys (eg. no numlock). We used to use Karabiner for this, but I'm not sure it was ever updated for Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave.

Remove Intel SSD for testing.
I removed the Intel M.2 SSD and still can't wake from sleep. Like I said before sleep works 100% correctly in Windows. I see before I2c mentioned so I booted up Windows and I do see a 9D60 i2c controller in my system devices. Do you think I need to re-do the setup using the i2c branch? If so how do I clone the i2c branch of your github to go through the setup.

Edit never mind on the I2c looks like I don't have an I2c Touchpad only I2c Touchscreen.

Attachments

• debug_27668.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I2C support is in the 'i2c' branch.
Thanks for the quick reply. The I2C branch makes the touchpad work like a dream ^_^ (Well, HP's touchpad is greatly inferior to Apple's but the gestures work now.)

Real Macs do not have these keys (eg. no numlock). We used to use Karabiner for this, but I'm not sure it was ever updated for Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave.
Karabiner does work on Mojave - I use it almost daily to switch between a Westerna and a Japanese keyboard. But the funny thing is (as I said earlier) at some point the NumLock key was working correctly and I could switch between number input and navigation. I'll dive deeper into the notes I had taken. So I'd like to try getting things working "natively" first. As a last resort I will try Karabiner. Or maybe - as I'll probably install it on this laptop for Japanese - I might just try it for the NumLock key.

Thank you very much, @RehabMan.

9D60 i2c controller

That is the Touch Screen controller if you have one, 840 G3 does not have I2C trackpad.

I'm using M.2-Sata SSD and my sleep wake is working correctly as it should. Just follow the guide carefully. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back