Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again, marcelvn.

I finally got the BCM94352Z, but after several attempts wasn't been able to got it working. Is there some white-list in BIOS or specific model that is compatible with Elitebook 840 g5?

No whitelist that i am aware of. Mine worked plug and play. Did you try it on Windows 10?

No whitelist that i am aware of. Mine worked plug and play. Did you try it on Windows 10?
Tried in Windows 10 and Linux for several times. There are nothing in lspci (linux) nor Device Manager (Windows 10) nor in MacOs... it seems that I got broken card...

Tried in Windows 10 and Linux for several times. There are nothing in lspci (linux) nor Device Manager (Windows 10) nor in MacOs... it seems that I got broken card...

Most likely. If it was a whitelist issue, you would get some sort of error / message on boot, probably.

After several years of very smooth running, the latest updates of the patch tools have introduced heavy "visual tearing" where the screen redraws are slow and highly visible. Usually this is indicative of a problem with the video drivers not properly implementing graphic acceleration. I've attached a debug dump generated by the recommended "gen_debug" script.

I am currently still on El Capitan 10.11.6 for a couple of reasons. The first being that I don't want to go through the hassle of updating a system that until now hasn't needed it, as a full OS update on a Hackintosh can be a touchy process. The second reason being that I still occasionally run Final Cut Pro 7, which will not run on the latest Mac OS editions. I mention this because I suspect that the patch system in this thread has now been moved to the Mojave group because it is no longer supported on El Capitan. Is this the case, and do I finally need to bite the bullet and leave FCP7 behind? Or is this a problem that can still be solved on El Capitan?

Thanks!
- Dave

Attachments

• debug_2934.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 36
After several years of very smooth running, the latest updates of the patch tools have introduced heavy "visual tearing" where the screen redraws are slow and highly visible. Usually this is indicative of a problem with the video drivers not properly implementing graphic acceleration. I've attached a debug dump generated by the recommended "gen_debug" script.

I am currently still on El Capitan 10.11.6 for a couple of reasons. The first being that I don't want to go through the hassle of updating a system that until now hasn't needed it, as a full OS update on a Hackintosh can be a touchy process. The second reason being that I still occasionally run Final Cut Pro 7, which will not run on the latest Mac OS editions. I mention this because I suspect that the patch system in this thread has now been moved to the Mojave group because it is no longer supported on El Capitan. Is this the case, and do I finally need to bite the bullet and leave FCP7 behind? Or is this a problem that can still be solved on El Capitan?

Thanks!
- Dave

This guide is primarily for Mojave.
You may need to inject a FakeID (fake device-id) for older versions in the case graphics kexts do not directly support your IGPU.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I have found another answer from Rehabman where he advises to remove the directory Projects and start again with the clone (I am upgrading from High Sierra and already had the folders and the clone created)
I have deleted and started again with the clone, download and build....e Voila....it works, completely including SOUND.

Thanks for the fantastic guide, and the patient !! It is true that 99% of the time is only a matter of following all the steps carefully.

Dear RehabMan,

I had some wifi issues after hardware wireless button pressed by mistake. And I decided to move to 10.13.6. Of course I refresh git and reinstall all ACPI things. It didn't help. My wifi have returned only after running Ubuntu and making some manipulation with button, strange but it helped.

But problem is that I lost headphones output :(

Some debug information in the attachment.

Could you please make some advises?

BR,
Alexander

RehabMan, any ideas?

I've tested headphones in Ubuntu and it works properly.

BR,
Alexander

Last edited:
After a more detailed testing I have seen Internal Speakers work, but HEADPHONES does not work.
The codec is Conexant 8200. I've tried to change several layout but no luck.

Attach files

Attachments

• debug_21182.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
After a more detailed testing I have seen Internal Speakers work, but HEADPHONES does not work.
The codec is Conexant 8200. I've tried to change several layout but no luck.

Attach files

Look into ALCPlugFix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back