Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this problem with the stock version of Clover, as well. It seemed to be an issue with AptioInputFix.efi. Removing it solved the problem for me.

Can you try the following:

If you boot to installer via AptioMemoryFix you get sliding error, but if you boot into the OS it works just fine.

With OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi works just fine both ways.

If you boot to installer via AptioMemoryFix you get sliding error, but if you boot into the OS it works just fine.

I have only used AptioMemoryFix with the installer, and haven't had any trouble on my hardware.

I have both an EliteBook 2570p and an EliteBook 820 G1 (Haswell) working perfectly, insofar as they're configured exactly as described in post #1 and are fully functional laptops. Thanks for all of the work you've put into this guide, Rehabman!

I'd like to be able to put these machines on a dock with an external display, keyboard and mouse, keeping the lid closed. Since Wake on USB is disabled, though, I'm not sure how I'd wake it up. Is this configuration supported? Could it be?

I have both an EliteBook 2570p and an EliteBook 820 G1 (Haswell) working perfectly, insofar as they're configured exactly as described in post #1 and are fully functional laptops. Thanks for all of the work you've put into this guide, Rehabman!

I'd like to be able to put these machines on a dock with an external display, keyboard and mouse, keeping the lid closed. Since Wake on USB is disabled, though, I'm not sure how I'd wake it up. Is this configuration supported? Could it be?

I just connect via HDMI and then close the lid, and the laptop stays awake without a problem.

Hey Guys,
I just wanted to inform you about the issue I had with my Folio 9470m: I tried to install macOS (High Sierra & Mojave) and got all the time this strange message ""This copy of the macOS application is damaged". Now I found the reason: The Bios time was reseted to 01.01.2000. After changing it to the current time, the installation worked perfectly.
@RehabMan: Please include this info to your (perfect) guide!

Last edited:
I’m running El Capitan. 0X191E8086 was contained in the two kext. But when changing to newer commit, it lost 3D acceleration.

You will need to inject a fakeid. This thread is for Mojave.

I didn't use your Clover because the timeout is broken.

Timeout works just fine.
You will need to provide details on your issue.

I had this problem with the stock version of Clover, as well. It seemed to be an issue with AptioInputFix.efi. Removing it solved the problem for me.

AptioInputFix.efi not recommended in this guide.

I'd like to be able to put these machines on a dock with an external display, keyboard and mouse, keeping the lid closed. Since Wake on USB is disabled, though, I'm not sure how I'd wake it up.

Easy: Open laptop, press power button.

You will need to inject a fakeid. This thread is for Mojave.
Code:
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-IGPU.dsl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-IGPU.dsl
@@ -111,7 +111,7 @@ DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "_IGPUH", 0)
                 "model", Buffer() { "Intel HD Graphics 515" },
                 "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },
                 "AAPL,GfxYTile", Buffer() { 1, 0, 0, 0 },
-                "RM,device-id", Buffer() { 0x1e, 0x19, 0x00, 0x00 },
+                //"RM,device-id", Buffer() { 0x1e, 0x19, 0x00, 0x00 },
             },
Whit latest git repo, uncomment the RM,device-id line, and install FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics. Is it enough to inject a fakeID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back