Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mojave works beautifully on Probook 640 G2. My first Hackintosh.
photo_2019-01-21_10-08-00.jpg

Ok, I've tried the 8x0_G5 ones, not the G4 ones.... will try them and see...

Anyway, just to not change all the config.... can you attach me your EFI dir, so I see what you use.
And are you sure you get QE/CI and Metal on "Yes" in fb-patcher?

Since the dsdt difference between 8x0g5 and 8x0g4 is very small, there is no hotpatch scheme for 8x0g5. RehabMan recommends 8x0g5 to use the hotpatch of 8x0g4. After the patch is completed, if there is a problem in some places, provide the file according to the FAQ for RehabMan to confirm the difference and help you. Solve the problem.

Hi Rehabman.
My laptop might be similar to this guide. but i need some tweaks. I dont understand the dsdt patch, even though I had read the ddst patch guild twice a lot.
this is my information:
- native DSDT/SSDT files extracted via Clover F4 (ACPI/origin)
- audio codec dump from Linux
- full hardware details (CPU, chipset, graphics device, screen resolution, etc)
- output from 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal
Hey, RehabMan has provided a 4x0g3 solution, please read the first page of the post, your 440g3 uses 4x0g3 solution, use ./install_acpi.sh install_4x0g3_skylake when installing acpi files, please read the instructions carefully, if you still don't understand Place, please describe your confusion, I will try to answer for you.

Hi All!
Sry for noobie question . I am already a happy hackintosh user with a HP Pavilion DV6 (Sandy Bridge) laptop, now i decided to buy a new EliteBook 840 G3 , i have a big question. Does that laptop have wifi whitelist? or how can i put the DW1560 or similar Broadcom WLAN card ? cause i remember when i bought atheros card to my pavilion i needed to unlock the bios whitelist... which is problematic... I want to ask firstly the master of hp hackbooks Rehabman , but any other user help will be appreciated.

No problems .. just replace the intel wifi card. I have the 840 G3 and replaced the wifi card :) .. currently on High Sierra

Hello. I installed Mojave on my ProBook 450 G.1
I have done all the steps in the Post install guide and everything works fine except the trackpad. When I go to the trackpad in system preferences there are all the options for gestures etc (there wasnt anything before) but I still cannot use the trackpad. There are slight touches sometimes, but all they do is somehow "block" the pointer and I have to touch it a lot of times to get it to normal. What could be the problem?

Do we need an updated APFS.efi file? I am getting stuck the HP logo after 14.3 and I think its EFI related..

Answered my own question. Deleted ApfsDriverLoader.efi and copied newer apfs.efi and booted fine.

Last edited:
Hey, RehabMan has provided a 4x0g3 solution, please read the first page of the post, your 440g3 uses 4x0g3 solution, use ./install_acpi.sh install_4x0g3_skylake when installing acpi files, please read the instructions carefully, if you still don't understand Place, please describe your confusion, I will try to answer for you.

Thanks.
the signature Probook440g3 is perfect run. thanks.

what I posted is my another laptop, I can't get done that. The full hardware details is below:

laptop:Acer TravelMate P249
cpu:i7-6500U platform: skylake-U
chipset:100-series (Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP)
graphic: intel HD520 resolution:1366X768

Installed on Elitebook 840 G4 working better than Windows minus the WIFI. Now using the USB dongle from TP LINK and it is my daily portable driver.
I have ordered a replacement card and will report once it is here.
That's so true. I refurbish elitebooks from a local company with choiche of windows or mac, and even though most choose Mac, i have more issues ( customers returning with problems i have to fix like random updates breaking things ) from Windows users. Most functions work better on osx , like the trackpad or the brightness keys. Rehabman is a true hero.

Also could you advise any tool to make benchmark test?
I'm using Novabench, but each hack-restart shows different points.
For example 565 and 1020 in attach.
But there was results 500 and 1068...
I know, that's kinda far-fetched, but I feeled the performance with 1000+ and deceleration with 500-700 points.
What could be a reason for this lag?
Preboot log shows FSBFrequency = 90 MHz, DMI FSBFrequency = 100 MHz, Corrected FSBFrequency = 100 MHz
https://ark.intel.com/products/95451/Intel-Core-i7-7500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3-50-GHz-
So the answer is add to clover's config
<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
<integer>7999992</integer>
</dict>

This means FSBFrequency = 800 MHz, but 7999992 for sound fixes according to clock difference with time.apple.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back