Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!
Sry for noobie question . I am already a happy hackintosh user with a HP Pavilion DV6 (Sandy Bridge) laptop, now i decided to buy a new EliteBook 840 G3 , i have a big question. Does that laptop have wifi whitelist? or how can i put the DW1560 or similar Broadcom WLAN card ? cause i remember when i bought atheros card to my pavilion i needed to unlock the bios whitelist... which is problematic... I want to ask firstly the master of hp hackbooks Rehabman , but any other user help will be appreciated.

Hi All!
Sry for noobie question . I am already a happy hackintosh user with a HP Pavilion DV6 (Sandy Bridge) laptop, now i decided to buy a new EliteBook 840 G3 , i have a big question. Does that laptop have wifi whitelist? or how can i put the DW1560 or similar Broadcom WLAN card ? cause i remember when i bought atheros card to my pavilion i needed to unlock the bios whitelist... which is problematic... I want to ask firstly the master of hp hackbooks Rehabman , but any other user help will be appreciated.

No bios whitelist for Wi-Fi module on G3 Elitebooks. Just change the card to a recommended / appropriate one and you should be fine.

G3 Elitebooks turn into great hackintoshes, in my experience

i am trying to Install mojave and this is the error i am getting ive created usb . instal several times and same error i've tried booting with diff boot args still no success any help?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-01-10 at 1.30.52 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-10 at 1.30.52 AM.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 88
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-01-10 at 1.30.53 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-10 at 1.30.53 AM.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 101
First, THANK YOU RehabMan.

SOUND (internal, external and Mic) does not work after updating to Mojave from High Sierra (It worked previously)
  • ProBook 450 G4 (15.60", Full HD, Intel Core i5-7200U, 8GB, HDD)
  • Upgrade with a Samsung[/B] 850 EVO (250GB, M.2 2280)
  • Replaced the Wifi card with WiFi BCM94352Z NGFF M.2 Wifi Bluetooth 4.0 06 XRYC DW1560 802.11AC Wifi 867 Mbps
I have read the FAQ that instruct to install the AppleALC kext and/ or change the layout....but I do not know how to do this (I do not know how to manually install a kext or mofify a layout).

Would it be possible to receive some "step-by-step" guidance on how to solve the Sound problem (i.e install the AppleALC) ?

Thnaks in advance

HP 1030 G1, HD515 losing accelerated graphics when using WhateverGreen instead FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.

Currently I back to commit 530b61f2fe7623e3aeaf6fcf5e54cc6a5a1c1435, the origin/beta branch previously, then delete WhateverGreen.kext and LiluFriend.kext.

Attachments

• debug_23330.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Have installed Mojave on HP 840 G1. Everything works except for BT and USB ports on the right side after long sleep. I have a delay put in for BRCM patch. I am attaching the required files. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• MacBook Air_After.ioreg
    8.1 MB · Views: 82
  • MacBook_Air_Before.ioreg
    8 MB · Views: 84
  • debug_5139.zip
    5 MB · Views: 69
Your DSDT shows DGPU at PEGP.DGFX, but SSDT-1040G1h assumes RP05.DGFX.
Might be a BIOS change by HP.

Change as follows and test:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:probook.git rehabman$ git diff hotpatch/SSDT-1040G1h.dsl
diff --git a/hotpatch/SSDT-1040G1h.dsl b/hotpatch/SSDT-1040G1h.dsl
index 59b3510..b9eb0a8 100644
--- a/hotpatch/SSDT-1040G1h.dsl
+++ b/hotpatch/SSDT-1040G1h.dsl
@@ -3,7 +3,7 @@
DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "_1040G1h", 0)
{
     #include "SSDT-RMCF.asl"
-    #include "SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
+    #include "SSDT-PEGP_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
     #include "SSDT-HACK.asl"
     #include "include/IDT_76e0_HDEF.asl"
     #include "include/IDT_76e0_HDAU.asl"
It fixed some of the problems: battery, trackpad, sound works fine now. But the bluetooth still not work. And it brings new issue. My keyboard(fuction keys) get messed.
1547343550638.png

It is my keyboard:
1060_a1.jpg

I regenerate problem report files. Can you figure out what wrong with my laptop?
BTW, when I plugin an USB 3.0 disk it told me that the device need power, and I should plugin it into an USB port , but usb 2.0 disk works fine.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
It fixed some of the problems: battery, trackpad, sound works fine now. But the bluetooth still not work. And it brings new issue. My keyboard(fuction keys) get messed.
View attachment 378819
It is my keyboard:
View attachment 378846
I regenerate problem report files. Can you figure out what wrong with my laptop?
BTW, when I plugin an USB 3.0 disk it told me that the device need power, and I should plugin it into an USB port , but usb 2.0 disk works fine.
You can change the FN function key in the BIOS settings, it will be normal, this is not a technical problem.

You can change the FN function key in the BIOS settings, it will be normal, this is not a technical problem.
Thank you for reply. As I known the settings in BIOS is to switch the act of "fn + f1~12" and "f1~12". My point is some act is missing: u can find that there is no f5~f7, f10, f11, f12 act in "OS X act as" column, and it is confuse: u must press "fn + f3" or "f3" to act as "f1".

Hello, anyone have successful enabled QE/CI on a HP Elitebook 840 G5. (with i5-8250U & UHD 620). ?
If so, please comment / provide files, I have done it with the installer, but not worked for me. (everything else works, camera, sound, etc, even 2K resolution over HDMI port, etc. .... but no transparency, QE, CI ...), so it's a bit laggy/slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back