Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,according to your description, 1600*900, should choose to execute: "./install_acpi.sh install_4x40_hires" About CPU frequency conversion, 2nd and 3rd generation CPU is now recommended to use kernelXCPM, or ssdt can be generated by ssdtPRGen,standard voltage CPU does not need to add -w 2 or 3.

Hi, Thanks for you answer.

please can you also answer:

1. Do I need the "Piker-Alpha / ssdtPRGen.sh", or the normal one??

you write:
About CPU frequency conversion, 2nd and 3rd generation CPU is now recommended to use kernelXCPM, or ssdt can be generated by ssdtPRGen,standard voltage CPU does not need to add -w 2 or 3

So:
2. No -W 2 or 3, Thank you
3. either the kernelXCPM or the standard ssdtPRGen. Is this just try?? which to try first first?? or how can I find out??
4. if I use the kernelXCPM, thus that mean there will be no SSDT.aml to copy to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml as it is deleted??

forget about all the questions. I did it, it works!!

thank you all!!

Elitebook removes the whitelist restriction from the second-generation CPU platform. Your 8470p or 2570p wireless network interface is miniPCIe, you can use DW1510 or DW1550.
Thanks for your answer :) . It seems the DW1510 is a cheap and very compatible card.

However, I already bought a BCM943224 HMS on eBay. It works fine too, but needs AirportBrcmFixup.

Hi Guys

Can someone let me know hoe to change Audio Layout-id when all steps are done ?

My Laptop HP Folio 1040 G2 - used 1040 G1 setup files and all is working including audio however i have only option to select Headphones or Digital but no Internal Speakers.

Currently using VoodooHDA to get the sound working however it`s really quiet and with echo.

This guide is great and thank you all for this fantastic support

Hi Guys

Can someone let me know hoe to change Audio Layout-id when all steps are done ?

My Laptop HP Folio 1040 G2 - used 1040 G1 setup files and all is working including audio however i have only option to select Headphones or Digital but no Internal Speakers.

Currently using VoodooHDA to get the sound working however it`s really quiet and with echo.

This guide is great and thank you all for this fantastic support
First: Confirm your sound card model:refer to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/R...SDT-Patch/master/Resources_ProBook/README.txt
Second: Confirm your sound card layout-id: refer to:https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs
Third:modify audio ssdt:For example:
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/hotpatch/SSDT-1040G1h.dsl

// SSDT for 1040 G1 (Haswell)

DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "_1040G1h", 0)
{
#include "SSDT-RMCF.asl"
#include "SSDT-RP05_DGFX_RDSS.asl"
#include "SSDT-HACK.asl"
#include "include/IDT_76e0_HDEF.asl"
#include "include/IDT_76e0_HDAU.asl"
#include "include/standard_PS2K.asl"
#include "SSDT-KEY102.asl"
//#include "SSDT-USB-1040-G1.asl"
#include "SSDT-XHC.asl"
#include "SSDT-BATT.asl"
#include "SSDT-EH01.asl" //REVIEW: placing at end as no USB customization data available
//#include "SSDT-EH02.asl" //REVIEW: placing at end as no USB customization data available
}
//EOF
This is audio's ssdt:
#include "include/IDT_76e0_HDEF.asl"
#include "include/IDT_76e0_HDAU.asl"

#define LAYOUTID 13

// inject properties for HDMI audio

External(_SB.PCI0.HDAU, DeviceObj)

Method(_SB.PCI0.HDAU._DSM, 4)

{

If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }

Return(Package()

{

"layout-id", Buffer(4) { LAYOUTID, 0, 0, 0 },

"hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },

})

}

//EOF

modify

#define LAYOUTID 13
Change 13 to the ID of your layout id.
After modification, follow the steps of RehabMan: ./build.sh , ./install_acpi.sh xxxx

thank you for really quick reply - will follow all steps you pointed out and let you know did this worked - i`m sure this is all simple layout-id change to make perfect hackintosh.

Was trying to force layout-id with clover but this didn't worked.

Happy new year to all of you guys :)

Hello,
my laptop hp prebook 6570b
how can help me to install Mojave on my laptop
or provide me clover for this model
thanks

Hello,
my laptop hp prebook 6570b
how can help me to install Mojave on my laptop
or provide me clover for this model
thanks
follow the guide from post 1

during install Mojave on prebook 6570b,exactly when remaining 2 minute to finish the install,restart laptop automatically.
where is problem?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-01-07 at 10.09.32 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-01-07 at 10.09.32 AM.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back