Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
How were you able to fix audio? Just by switching to i2c?

Just to note, my trackpad is functioning normally.

Good to hear that you got It working.

When I switched to i2c branch, audio worked, so I kept It that way.

The trackpad is usable, I can even use two finger scroll and three finger gestures. But fast Button clicks do not work Very well. Sometimes the cursor is a little jumpy.

Clicks on the clickpad do not work.

I did not test the native HDMI Port.

But i got no issues through an usb-c dongle with HDMI

Windows-could-not-update-the-computers-boot-configuration.jpg

Im getting this message during installing windows on GPT..

Hardware problem. Off-topic here.

Solved by reflowing the motherboard ! I know that is short-term but I don't have other options.

By the way I upgraded the CPU from i5 3230M to i7 3612QM and it works great !

And also thank you for all the support I really want to get into kexts and ACPI but I don't know where to begin. I am good in C# and a little bit of C++.

Last edited:
Good to hear that you got It working.

When I switched to i2c branch, audio worked, so I kept It that way.

The trackpad is usable, I can even use two finger scroll and three finger gestures. But fast Button clicks do not work Very well. Sometimes the cursor is a little jumpy.

Clicks on the clickpad do not work.

I did not test the native HDMI Port.

But i got no issues through an usb-c dongle with HDMI

Indeed, switching to i2c will fix the sound, but it seems to turn off bios "bips"...

Got almost same problems as marcelcv, no audio output, but working microphone (tested).

Attach PR files.

And not very good quality of HDMI monitor.

May be monitor specific problem. Or something else. You should provide details on the monitor brand/model (and attach PR files).

Also was able to install Windows 10 Linux afterwords, this removed Clover from boot entries,

Add Clover with efibootmgr in Linux as per guide.

Indeed, switching to i2c will fix the sound

Were you cold booting or restarting from Windows (depending on the driver you're using in Windows, it may use some I2C features for audio).

Probably not an issue if you use the Microsoft standard HDA driver (eg. remove custom HDA driver, allow Win10 to install Microsoft standard HDA). Something to try anyway...

Hi, a ProBook 450 G1 user there. This guide worked really well on my machine, but it has four main issue:
  1. Trackpad not working; whenever I touch the trackpad it basically throws off this:
    Code:
    ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (be) from PS/2 controller
    and it doesn't move.
  2. Bluetooth not working; it won't show any devices there. I know, the cause of this is missing the right kext, but I don't know what kexts do I need to have it work.
  3. Brightness control; in display settings I can adjust the brightness of the monitor, but not on the keyboard.
  4. The second monitor plugged in VGA/HDMI is not detected.
Sorry if I look dumb, but it's two days since I've got to Hackintosh. Also, excuse my grammar, English is not my main language

Hi, a ProBook 450 G1 user there. This guide worked really well on my machine, but it has four main issue:
  1. Trackpad not working; whenever I touch the trackpad it basically throws off this:
    Code:
    ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad: Unexpected byte0 data (be) from PS/2 controller
    and it doesn't move.
  2. Bluetooth not working; it won't show any devices there. I know, the cause of this is missing the right kext, but I don't know what kexts do I need to have it work.
  3. Brightness control; in display settings I can adjust the brightness of the monitor, but not on the keyboard.
  4. The second monitor plugged in VGA/HDMI is not detected.
Sorry if I look dumb, but it's two days since I've got to Hackintosh. Also, excuse my grammar, English is not my main language
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sorry for the delayed answer. Just want to say that the brightness control is okay, the FN key is CTRL and WIN key is alt, but I had this issue on Linux and some key sequence fixed it, so I'll figure this out.

Attachments

• debug_2424.zip
    13.3 MB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back