Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Sorry if it's stupid question, but I can't find any information about Synaptics touchpad working on Mojave 10.14... Everything works on my EliteBook 8570p except my touchpad. It was working on Sierra 10.12. and I tried to install the same kext files for the touchpad, but the only success I get is to make it work to some point where it works, but very fast and there are no options to tweak to make it slower :( Is there any workaround on this issue? Thank you!
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile has no hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ before your next reply.

@RehabMan

Any way to downgrade ProBook 4540s's BIOS ? I get invalid signature file when I try the rollback option of HP UEFI Diagnostic Tools.

Background of the problem:

Press the Power button, the power LED turns on for like 1.5 seconds (including the caps lock, AC LED and also fan, the display doesn't turn on) and then turn off and then he tries to startup again and sometimes it does show the HP screen and boots normally sometimes doesn't and turns off and then on for 1.5 seconds and so on and on...

@RehabMan

Any way to downgrade ProBook 4540s's BIOS ? I get invalid signature file when I try the rollback option of HP UEFI Diagnostic Tools.

Background of the problem:

Press the Power button, the power LED turns on for like 1.5 seconds (including the caps lock, AC LED and also fan, the display doesn't turn on) and then turn off and then he tries to startup again and sometimes it does show the HP screen and boots normally sometimes doesn't and turns off and then on for 1.5 seconds and so on and on...

Why do you think you have a BIOS problem? Display not turning on (eg. no BIOS splash) sounds like a hardware problem.
I would check all the obvious things (CMOS reset, check RAM seating, WiFi card seating, etc.)

Why do you think you have a BIOS problem? Display not turning on (eg. no BIOS splash) sounds like a hardware problem.
I would check all the obvious things (CMOS reset, check RAM seating, WiFi card seating, etc.)

Here is what I tried:

- Reflash the latest version version of BIOS
- Rollback of BIOS doesn't work (invalid signature file says when I try to flash the BIOS but I tried different versions but same problem) and I still have no solution for this to work.
- Take out SSD.
- Take out the RAM, I tried switching the slots but has no effects.
- I tried reset the BIOS via taking out the CMOS battery. I even replaced the battery and nothing.

The problem is present no matter if I am on battery or AC power.

I have this problem for the past month or so.

Sometimes boots sometimes doesn't. Now it booted because I am typing this right from the ProBook 4540s but still if I turn it off maybe it boots maybe it doesn't.

Sometimes boots sometimes doesn't.

Problems booting macOS/OS X require problem reporting files as per post #1.
You did not attach any.

Problems booting macOS/OS X require problem reporting files as per post #1.
You did not attach any.

I was referring booting to the HP bios logo screen not into the OS.

Hi Rehabman,

Just wanted to say thank you for all you do for the community! I initially setup my laptop (HP ProBook G5 450) following a generic High Sierra Laptop guide and piece by piece checking boxes as needed in Clover for DSDT fixed etc. I've been hackintosh-ing multiple laptops, netbooks and computers since Mac OS 10.5.

But I have to say this Hot Patch guide (well hot-patching in general) is amazing and works well on this laptop.

FYI, I had an issue with the ADATA SX7000 m.2 SSD that was in my laptop in case anyone has the same issue... My machine would work well for a few hours and then all of a sudden the mouse would be laggy and everything running would "stutter." Even the sound being played would stutter. A restart wouldn't always fix it, I would need to shutdown, let things cool and start again.

I of course thought it was related to SSDT and CPU settings in the BIOS and tried a number of things like switching to the latest clover revision, then back to your version of clover. Messing with PluginType in the config and also seeing if I could manually create a SSDT with the ssdtgen tool to force certain things.

In summary, none of that helped above.

I recently used "Blackmagic Disk Speed" app to check the drive speed which ran around 450mb/s write and 1000mb/s read. But when the stuttering would start, it would only get about 8mb/s write and 15mb/s read.

So I swapped out the ADATA drive with a MyDigitalSSD m.2 SSD and now I consistently get 1400mb/s write and read on this laptop! (Even through the drive supports higher, the link width on this laptop is x2 not x4 so it's maxed out!)

No more stuttering (at least for about a week and a half) and this laptop is just amazing thanks to you and this guide!

Thanks again!
- Matt

So I was able to get it working. After some magical restarts in safe mode I was able to boot normally and after some more mounted EFI partition was mounted successfully and thanks to terrific manual finished configuration.
Got almost same problems as marcelcv, no audio output, but working microphone (tested).
And not very good quality of HDMI monitor.

Also was able to install Windows 10 Linux afterwords, this removed Clover from boot entries, but Im able to boot to clover from file EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi

And of course, enormous thanks to RehabMan for all his work! It's simply incredible!

Switched to i2c branch. Using 8x0 G4 Kabylake files.

The trackpad is still a little jumpy and not always registering clicks. That's fine by me, most of the time I use an usb mouse.

The G5 EliteBooks have a different trackpad than older models (G4 and bellow). They kept the upper buttons (the ones that have issues registering clicks), gone are the lower buttons and now the trackpad is clickable (clicks on the clickpad are not registered in osx).

Sound is actually working now. Great.

PR files attached just as feedback, the system is perfectly usable to me. Thanks one more time.

How were you able to fix audio? Just by switching to i2c?

Just to note, my trackpad is functioning normally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back