Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your copy of the repo is obviously not up-to-date.
Delete ~/Projects/probook.git, and start over with post-install instructions as written in post #1.

Thx for the advice mate! Thats what I did now, see debug files attached. indeed the ssdt looks (a bit) different. config plist is the same. booting like this works, but battery symbol is disabled, no sound available, rtc-error in bios after reset/reboot. what should I do next? :) I guess I need another config plist. thx so much!

p.s. always thought "git fetch -all" updates everything? obv. deleting and re-cloneing your git helped.

Attachments

• debug_12151.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
You will need to upload an image. The ioreg shows audio working.

You might try the i2c branch.

Switched to i2c branch. Using 8x0 G4 Kabylake files.

The trackpad is still a little jumpy and not always registering clicks. That's fine by me, most of the time I use an usb mouse.

The G5 EliteBooks have a different trackpad than older models (G4 and bellow). They kept the upper buttons (the ones that have issues registering clicks), gone are the lower buttons and now the trackpad is clickable (clicks on the clickpad are not registered in osx).

Sound is actually working now. Great.

PR files attached just as feedback, the system is perfectly usable to me. Thanks one more time.

Attachments

• debug_10805.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 84
Edit: never mind... I sorted it out myself. This post can be deleted.

Last edited:
Thx for the advice mate! Thats what I did now, see debug files attached. indeed the ssdt looks (a bit) different. config plist is the same. booting like this works, but battery symbol is disabled, no sound available, rtc-error in bios after reset/reboot. what should I do next? :) I guess I need another config plist. thx so much!

p.s. always thought "git fetch -all" updates everything? obv. deleting and re-cloneing your git helped.

Your config.plist is corrupt (due to incorrect edits you made).
Note:
Code:
u430:~ Admin$ plutil -lint /Users/Admin/Downloads/debug_12151/CLOVER/config.plist
/Users/Admin/Downloads/debug_12151/CLOVER/config.plist: Encountered unexpected character 9 on line 23 while looking for open tag

Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Don't edit your config.plist with a text editor, as you're likely to make mistakes that way.
Don't use Clover Configurator either.
Use only Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Your config.plist is corrupt (due to incorrect edits you made).
Note:
Code:
u430:~ Admin$ plutil -lint /Users/Admin/Downloads/debug_12151/CLOVER/config.plist
/Users/Admin/Downloads/debug_12151/CLOVER/config.plist: Encountered unexpected character 9 on line 23 while looking for open tag

Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Don't edit your config.plist with a text editor, as you're likely to make mistakes that way.
Don't use Clover Configurator either.
Use only Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Thanks so much RehabMan!! Alright! This was it! Using the correct config.plist from the config-folder and editing it with correct tools did the trick! now "everything" seems to work, except iTunes radio, so I am gonna dive into whatever green and Shiki I guess, since Shiki did enable iTunes Radio under High Sierra if I remember correctly.

Just for my knowledge, should we generally better delete the content of a GitHub clone and re-clone it for updating or use "git fetch --all"? in my case it seems the first thing had to be done.

Again thx a lot RehabMan!

Cheerio!

Just for my knowledge, should we generally better delete the content of a GitHub clone and re-clone it for updating or use "git fetch --all"? in my case it seems the first thing had to be done.

get pull works too
But if you're getting problems trying to update the repo and are unfamiliar with git, easiest just to redo the clone.

get pull works too
But if you're getting problems trying to update the repo and are unfamiliar with git, easiest just to redo the clone.

;) Thank you!

Cheers!

P.S.: For the log: update to 10.14.2 via Appstore went perfectly well. Just that booting is not faster here but slower than on 10.14.1.

Ok, if you decide to add support at some point, the files for "Unsupported laptops" for:

Model: HP Elitebook 840 G5
Processor: Intel Kabylake-R I5-8350u 15W
Graphics: Intel UHD 620
Screen: FullHD (1920x1080) IPS display no touch
Wifi - already replaced with recommended Broadcom

With probook G5 files most of the system is already working, except for sound output and some issues with the trackpad
Hi, marcelvn.
Just got same machine.

Can you please give me links to manual wich you used to get your instalation working?
And in which order it was.

Thanks ahead.

Hi, marcelvn.
Just got same machine.

Can you please give me links to manual wich you used to get your instalation working?
And in which order it was.

Thanks ahead.

Are you familiar with rehabman's Guide? Follow It as writen and you should succeed.

This particular model is not officialy supported, but I used 8x0 files and it is working very well.

Give It a try. I'm dual booting with windows 10 and 10.14.2

It's working fine

Last edited:
Are you familiar with rehabman's Guide? Follow It as writen and you should succeed.

This particular model is not officialy supported, but I used 8x0 files and it is working very well.

Give It a try

Sorry, a bit lost.. where did found files for 8x0? Can you share a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back