Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUG: If you restart the laptop with the lid closed while connected to external monitor (via HDMI) the internal display isn't detected after restart even after I disconnect the external display. You can find the debug files attached.

It is typical. No known solution. Easy/obvious workaround: Always start with just laptop display and hotplug external devices.

ok thx, voodooi2c working well on ProBook 450 g5 with Mojave now.

what I did:

git fetch -all
git checkout i2c
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh
copy the newly created config_4x0s_G5_Kabylake-R to EFI/Clover (why 4x0s? the other one, made by the master aka not i2c branch, was config_4x0_G5_Kabylake-R, without the "s")
./install_acpi.sh install_4x0g5_kabylake-r
reboot

and voodooi2c working :)

now that the i2c-branch config.plist is "completely" different to the one from the master-branch, what do you suggest? keeping the i2c one, which does the job for voodooi2c or adapt changes to the newer one done by the master?

now that this is working, next step is making iTunes drm (=iTunes Radio Beats 1) work. for now with the current whatever green.kext it isn't working.

and next step+1 would be installing 10.4.2, which obv. boots faster.

challenges on hackintosh never stop :)

thx so much RehabMan!!

Cheerio!

EDIT: but i‘m in trouble now: with the config generated by the i2c branch, sound is now longer working (Conexant codec). Swapping i2c config plist with master config plist isnt enough to bring sound back (and disable i2c again). Also copying the master ssdts back to efi/clover/acpi/patched isnt enough - Neither trackpad nor keyboard working anymore.
Btw, the i2c branch config plist is identical to my working config.plist from HighSierra.

EDIT 2: added Problem Reporting Files, booted with the config.plist generated by the i2c branch, ssdt by i2c branch, voodooi2c working, but sound not working, and iTunes Radio/drm not working. thx for checking!

Your ACPI files are not up-to-date. You probably forgot to run ./build.sh or forgot to use install_acpi.sh.

why 4x0s? the other one, made by the master aka not i2c branch, was config_4x0_G5_Kabylake-R, without the "s")

Not reproducible.
Note:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:probook_i2c.git rehabman$ ls build
Intermediates       SSDT-4230.aml       SSDT-4x40.aml       SSDT-8x0G3b.aml       SSDT-FANREAD.aml
Intermediates.noindex   SSDT-450G1h.aml       SSDT-5x30.aml       SSDT-8x0G3s.aml       SSDT-FANRM.aml
SSDT-1020G1b.aml   SSDT-4x0G0.aml       SSDT-6x0G1h.aml       SSDT-8x0G4k.aml       SSDT-IGPU.aml
SSDT-1030G1s.aml   SSDT-4x0G1h.aml       SSDT-6x0G2s.aml       SSDT-8x60.aml       SSDT-IGPUH.aml
SSDT-1040G1h.aml   SSDT-4x0G1i.aml       SSDT-6x60.aml       SSDT-8x70.aml       SSDT-zbG1h.aml
SSDT-1040G3s.aml   SSDT-4x0G2b.aml       SSDT-6x70.aml       SSDT-9x70.aml       SSDT-zbG2b.aml
SSDT-1050G1k.aml   SSDT-4x0G2h.aml       SSDT-8x0G1h.aml       SSDT-9x80.aml       SSDT-zbG2h.aml
SSDT-2x60.aml       SSDT-4x0G3s.aml       SSDT-8x0G1i.aml       SSDT-FANGRAP.aml   SSDT-zbG2hA.aml
SSDT-2x70.aml       SSDT-4x0G4k.aml       SSDT-8x0G2b.aml       SSDT-FANORIG.aml   SSDT-zbG3s.aml
SSDT-3x0G1.aml       SSDT-4x30.aml       SSDT-8x0G2h.aml       SSDT-FANQ.aml       readme.txt
NUC6i7KYK:probook_i2c.git rehabman$ ls config
config_1020_G1_Broadwell.plist       config_4x0_G4_Kabylake.plist       config_8x0_G3_Skylake.plist
config_1030_G1_Skylake.plist       config_4x0_G5_Kabylake-R.plist       config_8x0_G4_Kabylake.plist
config_1040_G1_Haswell.plist       config_4x30.plist           config_8x60p.plist
config_1040_G3_Skylake.plist       config_4x40.plist           config_8x70p.plist
config_1050_G1_KabyLake-R.plist       config_5x30m.plist           config_9x70m.plist
config_2x60p.plist           config_6x0_G1_Haswell.plist       config_9x80m.plist
config_2x70p.plist           config_6x0_G2_Skylake.plist       config_ZBook_G0.plist
config_3x0_G1.plist           config_6x60p.plist           config_ZBook_G1_Haswell.plist
config_4x0_G0.plist           config_6x70p.plist           config_ZBook_G2_Broadwell.plist
config_4x0_G1_Haswell.plist       config_8x0_G1_Haswell.plist       config_ZBook_G2_Haswell.plist
config_4x0_G1_Ivy.plist           config_8x0_G1_Ivy.plist           config_ZBook_G2_Haswell_ALC280.plist
config_4x0_G2_Broadwell.plist       config_8x0_G2_Broadwell.plist       config_ZBook_G3_Skylake.plist
config_4x0_G2_Haswell.plist       config_8x0_G2_Haswell.plist       readme.txt
config_4x0_G3_Skylake.plist       config_8x0_G3_Broadwell.plist

So, I switched to your clover build but I get the same timeout..I tried reseting bios settings and then change them back to the one that are needed for OS X but still the same problem. Should I try updating the BIOS ? I have the latest version but maybe it helps...

So, I switched to your clover build but I get the same timeout..

You will need to provide details on the problem and PR files.
No idea without proper details and PR files.

I tried reseting bios settings and then change them back to the one that are needed for OS X but still the same problem.

No idea what you mean by "same problem".
Must provide details.

Should I try updating the BIOS ?

As per post #1, you must be running the latest BIOS.
Please read post #1 carefully.

Your ACPI files are not up-to-date. You probably forgot to run ./build.sh or forgot to use install_acpi.sh.

ran again ./build.sh and ./install_acpi.sh install_4x0g5_kabylake-r from the i2c branch, but the resulting ssdt's are identical to the ones posted in the debug log. how do I get them up to date? what am I doing wrong? thx a lot!

What kind of WiFi network are you using?

I think that was it, I have 2 networks in the house when I connect to a 2.4 network it lags horribly, I turned the 2.4 off on the main network I use and its a lot better. Interesting because I have 2 4440s, one with Mojave and one on HS and with HS I have no issues. The Mojave 4440s seems to only like 5.0 networks when bluetooth is running.

ran again ./build.sh and ./install_acpi.sh install_4x0g5_kabylake-r from the i2c branch, but the resulting ssdt's are identical to the ones posted in the debug log. how do I get them up to date? what am I doing wrong? thx a lot!

Your copy of the repo is obviously not up-to-date.
Delete ~/Projects/probook.git, and start over with post-install instructions as written in post #1.

I think that was it, I have 2 networks in the house when I connect to a 2.4 network it lags horribly, I turned the 2.4 off on the main network I use and its a lot better. Interesting because I have 2 4440s, one with Mojave and one on HS and with HS I have no issues. The Mojave 4440s seems to only like 5.0 networks when bluetooth is running.

Yeah, 2.4Ghz WiFi tends to interfere with BT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back