Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx feartech!

what I did was:

1. copy the ssdt-xosi.dsl as raw into textmate and save it (utf8). do I have to edit something in that source code? then I open ssdt-xosi.aml in maciasl and save it as assembly code, which gives me ssdt-xosi.aml, which I copy into efi/clover/acpi/patched.

2. edit config.plist in textmate and add the coolstar patches in KextsToPatch

3. voodooi2c kexts installed

after reboot I get immediately kernel panics (panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff800cc00601): "a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.80: expected 0xe4988e1e39aea5ac but found 0xffffff80335fa538, bits changed 0x1b67719e0af10094, at offset 0 of 80 in element 0xffffff80335fa500, cookies 0x3f0011770a18a0da 0x5352186ed1bbb99"@/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-4903.221.2/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:1168)
booting in verbose shows many ACPI errors.

change _osi to xosi is already in the config.plist.

what did I miss? thx a lot for your help!!

cheers!
you are supposed to open the .dsl with maciasl and then save that as .aml

you are supposed to open the .dsl with maciasl and then save that as .aml

right, that's what I did, was a typo. I saved the raw ssdt-xosi.dsl with textmate (utf8), then opened ssdt-xosi.dsl in maciasl, save it in maciasl as ACPI machine language to ssdt-xosi.aml.

still there is something terribly wrong due to many ACPI errors leading to kernel panics. any idea what is missing or wrong? thx!

When you say, you pushed the i2c branch to GitHub, do you mean this url?

No.
Look at ProBook github, note list of branches.

I starting to wonder if its just a Mojave issue or I am getting interference from something, it always connects my devices but its spotty and laggy with my mouse and EarPods. When I connect everything to an identical machine running HS everything is fine. I have reset the bluetooth module, deleted the plists, and all the other macOS remedies for bluetooth sadness.

What kind of WiFi network are you using?

Hello, RehabMan

I just got an EliteBook G5, not officially supported, but I managed to install 10.14.2

Most of the system is working, including sleep. I have the following issues:

- No sound output (listed unknown in settings). Microphone seems to be working, though (listed as internal microphone)
- Trackpad is a little jumpy and left and right clicks are not well registered (sometimes multiple clicks needed to get a single click, but the number of clicks is kind of erratic).

Attached are PR files (I still did not customized SMBIOS details).

At this point, I am not adding new models to the repo.
Especially when the files asked for in post #1, "Unsupported laptops" are not provided.

Hi,

I don't know why but the timeout problem is back and not even the EC reset doesn't work. However I found a ****** thread right here:

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/8djzev/intel_hd4000_hanging_on_boot/

where one users says: Edit: I got it working people. My battery patch was messed up and it was messing up IGPU power so capricontroller was bitching. Thanks for all the help.

Maybe it's a battery patch problem ? I am running out of ideas and I really don't know where can I find some logs why I have that AppleIntelCapriController timeout (as seen in the picture). The system boots after 1-2 minutes.

Sleep seems broken too. When I press the power button it just turns off. I have the latest macOS 10.14.2.

// Sleep works after restart. Strange..

Thanks a lot !

You're not using the recommended Clover build.
I didn't check anything else.
Refer to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

right, that's what I did, was a typo. I saved the raw ssdt-xosi.dsl with textmate (utf8), then opened ssdt-xosi.dsl in maciasl, save it in maciasl as ACPI machine language to ssdt-xosi.aml.

still there is something terribly wrong due to many ACPI errors leading to kernel panics. any idea what is missing or wrong? thx!

The i2c branch has the changes for i2c.

No.
Look at ProBook github, note list of branches.

:) nice, thx for the advice!
so i cloned it. will cd into it and then..

./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

and after that

./install_acpi.sh install_4x0g5_kabylake-r

or maybe I need just the last line=ACPI-line?

:) what do you think, ok like that or did I miss something? sorry for not just doing it, but I am so glad things work ok now, that I don't wanna screw it out of lack of knowledge. thx for your patience!

cheers!

:) nice, thx for the advice!
so i cloned it. will cd into it and then..

./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

and after that

./install_acpi.sh install_4x0g5_kabylake-r

or maybe I need just the last line=ACPI-line?

:) what do you think, ok like that or did I miss something? sorry for not just doing it, but I am so glad things work ok now, that I don't wanna screw it out of lack of knowledge. thx for your patience!

cheers!

There are config.plist differences too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back