Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw just to be clear I put -wegoff in the Arguments string under the Boot section in Config.plist?

I'm so happy you mentioned PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0). Under my build that sector is empty with no values in it whatsoever when opened with plist edit pro. In the guide you said all config.plist profiles had a 32mb igpu patch or something to that effect enabled but I checked a few of the config.plist files and they were empty there as well. Some config.plist had values in there but some also had nothing there. I thought the 32mb patch might be the source of the graphics problems since I had 64mb enabled in BIOS but since PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) was empty I moved on to other solutions. Mine has no reference to anything not whatevergreen not the 32mb igpu patch it's just an empty directory. Could that be the cause of the black screen?

Nothing expected in that section for your hardware.
You should have 64mb DVMT-prealloc set in BIOS, therefore no 32mb patch needed.
And all your external ports are DP, so no need for any framebuffer patches.
The device-id is something you add to that section.

Please read post #289 carefully.

Btw just to be clear I put -wegoff in the Arguments string under the Boot section in Config.plist?

Correct... config.plist/Boot/Arguments is where kernel flags are specified.

Ok please bear with me as I'm new to injecting. Under the empty PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) directory I create a new child called inject. The class is "string" and then "device-id=<26160000>" without quotes is the string value?

Ok please bear with me as I'm new to injecting. Under the empty PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) directory I create a new child called inject. The class is "string" and then "device-id=<26160000>" without quotes is the string value?

It should look like this in Xcode:
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 1.39.24 PM.png

Under plist edit pro I got an error:
Invalid hexadecimal data for data object

should I leave out the carrots <> and just put 26160000 in there? It let's me do that but I'm not sure that's the right way

Under plist edit pro I got an error:
Invalid hexadecimal data for data object

should I leave out the carrots <> and just put 26160000 in there? It let's me do that but I'm not sure that's the right way

Still learning to use the software involved, I see...

PlistEdit Pro does not use the <>, hex for Data type is entered without.

Hi. Iv'e got a little problem with wifi and bt. I had Atheros AR9485 WiFi card and it work great but with no airdrop and handoff.
So I ordered the BCM94360CS2 with adapter and cables from Ali and install on my 6470b (I do space for it and it match) and any card I put in its work with windows.
The problem is I don't have wifi and BT on BCM94360CS2.
vDaABKq.png

Everybody says its oob card but I've been trying three days and nothing.
On windows 10 wifi work ok. BT too but I don't send any files with it.
I see the card is visible on DPCIManager but I can't turn on this card to make it work.
Can someone tell me step by step what is wrong?

Attachments

• debug_19417.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
Wow, you'r fast. But i don,t Know what's is wrong. What's files are missing or are bad. You just see one or two things and You know but i don't know what's to look for.
Do I need add something or start from beggining?

Wow, you'r fast. But i don,t Know what's is wrong. What's files are missing or are bad. You just see one or two things and You know but i don't know what's to look for.
Do I need add something or start from beggining?

You did not follow the post-install instructions provided in post #1.
Not at all.

Just as an example, I looked at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and I find DSDT.aml there! This guide does not use statically patched ACPI... it uses hotpatch. And the install_acpi.sh script will actually delete your patched DSDT.aml. And you have SSDT-PNLF.aml there also... this guide uses that code, but integrates it into the model specific SSDT. For your system, I expect in ACPI/patched: SSDT-6x70.aml, SSDT-IGPUH.aml, one of the SSDT-FAN*.aml files, and SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh).

After seeing incorrect content in ACPI/patched, I stopped checking for anything else wrong as it was clear you made no attempt to follow this gude.

Read and follow all post install instructions from post #1 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back