Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for finally providing a verbose boot photo (I assume the photo is the result from booting from the EFI/Cover inside debug_8766.zip). When you fail to provide a verbose boot photo, I can only assume you can boot from your main EFI/Clover, but choose to boot via USB for some unknown reason (hence the question).

Your drivers64UEFI on main EFI/Clover is wrong. As per guide, you should NOT have apfs.efi as it is handled by ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AppleImageLoader-64.efi.

And regarding your USB EFI/Clover,... the guide recommends AptioMemoryFix-64.efi, yet you have OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. I have mentioned this several times, and you continue to ignore the advice. And similar to your main EFI/Clover, you also have apfs.efi.

Please read the guide carefully regarding correct drivers64UEFI.

Your profile has no details on your laptop. Signature is not the correct place for it (as per FAQ) as you cannot place screen resolution there. Please fix as per FAQ. Before your next reply:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, I notice you're using the alternate DropTables with your USB config.plist (eg. dropping OEM CPU SSDTs), but not with your main EFI config.plist. As per guide, if you needed the alternate DropTables at installation, you will also need it post-install. The alternate DropTables was in the original config_8x70.plist, you just need to rename original DropTables key to ##DropTables, then change the alternate #DropTables to DropTables... similar to what you did for USB config.plist.

Note: Another alternative to the alternate DropTables is to use config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelXCPM=true, and config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true without ssdtPRgen.sh generated SSDT.aml.

Also, DO NOT use Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist directly. It is stated as such quite clearly in the guide, post #1. Doing so causes numerous diffs that makes it difficult to see what you have changed from guide plists.

Finally, make sure your BIOS is up-to-date (as is written in post #1).

About config plist inside USB drive Pre.Install. I downloaded it from your link that you gave me before. And config plist from main system, Is final config.plist (I got it from your guide from terminal build.sh)

Attachments

• debug_27073.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • Arie’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    5.1 MB · Views: 77
  • EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Your config.plist is wrong. Read post #1, "Final config.plist"

Hi RehabMan,

I added a final config .plist, but it stays on the black screen again.
I'm adding the file. (Config_debug_27914.plist)

macOS 10.12.6 installed. black screen after boot.
9470m, i7 cpu, 14 '- 1600x900 resolution

Thank you.

Attachments

• config_debug_27914.plist
    23.1 KB · Views: 163
Since my 850 G1 has a 1920x1080 screen, I got the idea of using the IGPUH.aml instead of the IGPU.aml. I rebooted, and I then had brightness control.

Not relevant. SSDT-IGPU.aml and SSDT-IGPUH.aml are equivalent for your hardware (only difference in those files is for HD3000/HD4000 hardware).

Also, FYI, I was tinkering around with another setting, and tried enabling the "Enable TRIM for non-Apple SSDs" to see if I got the negative side-effects. I definitely experienced the slower boot. The battery status looked normal. But, I lost the brightness control. Disabling that and rebooting brought it back. Just figured I'd mention this in case that side-effect was unknown before, since it wasn't mentioned in the guide.

Probably a rebuild cache followed by reboot would bring it back as turning on TRIM may disturb kernel cache stability for that transition boot.

Hi RehabMan,

I added a final config .plist, but it stays on the black screen again.
I'm adding the file. (Config_debug_27914.plist)

Thank you.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

About config plist inside USB drive Pre.Install. I downloaded it from your link that you gave me before. And config plist from main system, Is final config.plist (I got it from your guide from terminal build.sh)

Your config.plist is not up-to-date with respect to current github (a change was made just yesterday).
Also, you're using the i2c branch which is complete nonsense for your hardware (your hardware is not I2C, it is PS2).

And the guide pre-install plists DO NOT drop any CPU related OEM SSDTs by default... doing so requires edits.

But your problem is the I2C related patches inadvertently placed in KernelToPatch (I think this was a bad merge) in the i2c branch, now fixed. But you should not be using the i2c branch anyway.

I've added the final config.plist file.

I'm adding report file

Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_20439.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
I've added the final config.plist file.

I'm adding report file

Thank you.

Your config.plist is not current "Final config.plist" from the guide. Looks like an old version.
So either you're using an old copy of the repo, or you forgot to run ./build.sh.
Read post #1 carefully.

Note: Removed i2c branch as it was causing confusion for people. And I think the I2C kexts have changed enough that it didn't work anymore. The work will need to be redone again after someone tests what is now required for I2C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back