Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
En, this is a great idea, I suggest adding a clover directory under https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch, including the necessary clover file structure, with emphasis on drivers64UEFI, which should Contains the files needed for basic EFI boot. If it is detected that there is no clover file in the EFI partition, copy this directory directly to the EFI partition and complete the clover function. Many people's EFI comes from the network, clover's files are incomplete or there are functional conflicts between multiple files, which can affect hotpatch patching or clover function exceptions. Of course, this can exist as an idea, you have put a lot of energy into Hackintosh, thank you for everything you have done.

I have avoided automating too many things as it would hide even more of the hackintosh details, which means users would learn even less about what they are doing.

I followed the guide. If I boot using your new config.plist for G3 Broadwell, I get a kernel panic after a few seconds. Or when I choose "don't reboot on panic" the system freezes.
Using config_old.plist, it doesn't freeze.
Is there something wrong with my clover folder?

misc/preboot.log is missing (you forgot to press F2). Would like to see the PCI devices as detected by Clover, but can't due to preboot.log not being captured.

Also, please use RehabMan Clover build.

apfs.efi should not be in drivers64UEFI (ApfsDriverLoader.efi does this).

It appears you have not run install_downloads.sh (as the required kexts are not in Clover/kexts/Other).
Please run through post #1 as written.

And as I mentioned earlier, config_old.plist (which is for pre-install) has an active patch for 32mb DVMT, which is not needed and config.plist does not have... as you can/should set DVMT to 64mb (as written in post #1).
Big problems if you don't set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb..., so that is something to check.

I'm trying to install High Sierra to Elitebook 840 G3 with i7-6600u (hd520).
I have also similar problem, I cannot boot from SSD, it is stuck at apple logo, no loading bar. I couldn't find the log file of the booting w/ verbose, but as far as I could read from the video I recorded, it says

Loaded kexts:
(none)

and

Backtrace CPU 0,
bunch of hexadecimal addresses,

and

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown

and get stuck when attempting restart.

As far as I could I followed the guide, I used ACPI and config.plist with 8x0g3. I'm still able to boot with the clover in USB but no luck until now with SSD.

What do you suggest?

Thanks for such a great guide :)
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

hey rehab man I have successfully installed Mojave. But I got kernel panic when boot to my SSD. so if I want to login screen, I have plugged my usb Mojave installer..
how to fix this ?
thank you

Update to latest kexts with download.sh and install_downloads.sh.

Maybe It has problems with IOStorageFamily. I have attached the Panic Report.

Two different panics, both memory related but randomly in different places/kexts...
Please check DVMT-prealloc setting.

I recently acquired an HP Elitebook 850 G1 and decided to try throwing Mojave on it, so I followed this guide. I got it installed, but I'm running into an issue with the config.plist for this model from the post-install.

I'm posting this from the laptop. This issue is that when I use the config_8x0_G1_Haswell.plist as the main config.plist, the system reboots shortly after the initial Apple logo after the Clover screen. If I switch to the one I used on my USB installer, which is config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist, it boots to macOS, but of course it's bare bones with no sound or battery and basic touchpad features, which is to be expected since it's rather basic for the installer.

However, if I boot from that same one as the main config.plist, but then from within Clover I select the config_8x0_G1_Haswell.plist and then continue, macOS boots, along with the advantages of having everything working (with the exception of backlight brightness control, but that can wait.)

This is the kind of behavior (when I attempt to boot with config_8x0_G1_Haswell.plist as my main config.plist) that I've seen in the past when I would find that my config.plist was corrupt. However, I can open both of them in Xcode just fine, and it matches the one in the Projects folder. I cannot see anything wrong in the Boot section, and I even tried adding the DefaultVolume, setting it to my macOS hard drive. The only other things I find odd is how the install_acpi.sh script for my model placed SSDT-IGPU.aml instead of IGPUH.aml in ACPI/patched, since this laptop has a 1920x1080 LCD (Would this be enough to cause the issue?), and also how it has "-disablegfxfirmware" in the config.plist boot arguments when I didn't think that was required for this model's chipset.

I attached my problem report file.

Your drivers64UEFI is not per guide.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, do not use the Clover feature for "switching" plists. Must use only config.plist named config.plist (the switching feature does not work correctly).

Your kexts/Other is not correct. Remove all files from it, and use download.sh and install_downloads.sh as written in post #1.

Hey, the nuclear display above interHD4000 no longer distinguishes between 1366*768 and 1366*768 resolutions, that is, only need to ssdt-igpu.aml on HD4000.

What?

After post installation I get the apple logo without boot, Mojave Installation my laptop is Probook 450 G3, It boot with the config used in installation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back