Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, rehabman, when I use ./install_acpi.sh xxxx, I found that the terminal prompts the path error, I can't find the directory.
Code:
ningnandeMacBook-Pro% ./install_acpi.sh install_8x0g3_skylake
rm: /Volumes/UNTITLED: is a directory
rm: /Volumes/UNTITLED: is a directory
[
When I change the name of the EFI partition to EFI, the script can copy the file normally, whether it is in ./mount_efi .sh Add a command to rename the name of the partition where EFI is located, and rename the partition where EFI is located to EFI.
Code:
ningnandeMacBook-Pro% ./install_acpi.sh install_8x0g3_skylake
SSDT-8x0G3s.aml       SSDT-FANREAD.aml   SSDT-IGPU.aml

Your EFI should be named EFI... it is what results from using macOS Disk Utility when you partition the drive.
I have a TODO to review all scripts to handle spaces within (not sure if that is your situation), but have not done it yet.
Keep in mind you *must* install Clover to the HDD/SSD EFI prior to starting Probook specific post-install steps.
(installing Clover is part of the main laptop guide, linked from post #1)

I uploaded a new version to bitbucket/github (only sources, pre-built kext will be uploaded tomorrow) that should fix the crash you had.

But last I checked your files (the files you just attached are much too large), you had an invalid ACPI/config.plist setup.
Follow the guide in post #1.
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads/
this link right ? ACPI Smart Battery ?
So I have to put this on (mac os mojave usb installer) efi/clover/kext/other ?

thank you

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads/
this link right ? ACPI Smart Battery ?
So I have to put this on (mac os mojave usb installer) efi/clover/kext/other ?

thank you

The new ACPIBatteryManager.kext will be installed to /L/E by download.sh and install_download.sh.
You can boot into recovery and delete the one you have, then boot, then run download.sh and install_downloads.sh to get the new version.

Then hopefully your issue is fixed.

The new ACPIBatteryManager.kext will be installed to /L/E by download.sh and install_download.sh.
You can boot into recovery and delete the one you have, then boot, then run download.sh and install_downloads.sh to get the new version.

Then hopefully your issue is fixed.
ok I'll Try
thank you

Sorry. I do not understand. You said “Note: HD3000 not supported on Mojave (Apple removed it)”. So may I upgrade my 4530 Mojave or should I stick to High Sierra. Thank you

Sorry. I do not understand. You said “Note: HD3000 not supported on Mojave (Apple removed it)”. So may I upgrade my 4530 Mojave or should I stick to High Sierra. Thank you

Just like if you owned an Apple HD3000 equipped laptop, Mojave is not an option for you as HD3000 is not supported on Mojave.
High Sierra is end of the line for HD3000.

[QUOTE =“RehabMan,post:1822294,member:429483”]您的EFI应命名为EFI ...这是分区驱动器时使用macOS Disk Utility的结果。
我有一个TODO来审查所有脚本来处理空间(不确定这是否是你的情况),但还没有完成。
请记住,*必须*在启动Probook特定的安装后步骤之前,将Clover安装到HDD / SSD EFI。
(安装Clover是主要笔记本电脑指南的一部分,从帖子#1链接)[/ QUOTE]
En, this is a great idea, I suggest adding a clover directory under https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch, including the necessary clover file structure, with emphasis on drivers64UEFI, which should Contains the files needed for basic EFI boot. If it is detected that there is no clover file in the EFI partition, copy this directory directly to the EFI partition and complete the clover function. Many people's EFI comes from the network, clover's files are incomplete or there are functional conflicts between multiple files, which can affect hotpatch patching or clover function exceptions. Of course, this can exist as an idea, you have put a lot of energy into Hackintosh, thank you for everything you have done.

Added prelim support for 8x0 G3 Broadwell.

USB configuration is from G2, which is probably not correct. After you get it going, readpost #1, "USB customization" and reply with the required data.
I followed the guide. If I boot using your new config.plist for G3 Broadwell, I get a kernel panic after a few seconds. Or when I choose "don't reboot on panic" the system freezes.
Using config_old.plist, it doesn't freeze.
Is there something wrong with my clover folder?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    978.4 KB · Views: 162
I followed the guide. If I boot using your new config.plist for G3 Broadwell, I get a kernel panic after a few seconds. Or when I choose "don't reboot on panic" the system freezes.
Using config_old.plist, it doesn't freeze.
Is there something wrong with my clover folder?
I can’t check your files right now but you cannot use final config without correct content in ACPI/patched. You mentioned only config so I assume maybe you didn’t configure ACPI with install_acpi.sh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back