Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Siri work in ProBook 4540s with Mojave 10.14.1? I read first post but it doesn't say Siri works, or not. I could not get Siri to work, I'm not sure if my setup had errors, or Siri is not supported for my setup. :(
I have a HP ProBook 4540s and just upgraded to Mojave 10.14.1. Everything works fine except for Siri: when I click Siri, a gray box appears at the top-right corner, with text "What can I help you with?" Siri doesn't say anything, and it doesn't respond to whatever I say. In Siri's gray box, no waveform showing Siri is talking, and no microphone icon.

The microphone is working because I tested it at Preferences->Sound->Input.

View attachment 366329

View attachment 366330

How do I fix Siri?

Same here.
It works fine on my u430 using MacBookAir6,2, so maybe it is SMBIOS related.
Either that or it is somehow related to things in the audio/patched AppleHDA setup.

Same here.
Either that or it is somehow related to things in the audio/patched AppleHDA setup.
Thank you. You have saved me a lot of effort. I shall not try to fix that cos I don't really need Siri, haha.

Same here.
Thank you. You have saved me a lot of effort. I shall not try to fix that cos I don't really need Siri, haha.

I think it is a pinconfig issue. I note that my u430 shows "Internal Microphone", but 4540s shows "Built-in Microphone".

Does Siri work in ProBook 4540s with Mojave 10.14.1? I read first post but it doesn't say Siri works, or not. I could not get Siri to work, I'm not sure if my setup had errors, or Siri is not supported for my setup. :(
I think it is a pinconfig issue. I note that my u430 shows "Internal Microphone", but 4540s shows "Built-in Microphone".

As I suspected, it was a pinconfig issue in AppleALC.kext (pinconfig entry had the wrong layout-id, which meant that the pinconfigdefault verbs intended to change the location data for the Mic were not being sent).

I can push a fix for AppleALC.kext, but builds take a while.
In between now and then, I have added a corrected Info.plist to the Probook github project, automatically installed by install_downloads.sh.

Now it works as expected here.

As I suspected, it was a pinconfig issue in AppleALC.kext (pinconfig entry had the wrong layout-id, which meant that the pinconfigdefault verbs intended to change the location data for the Mic were not being sent).

I can push a fix for AppleALC.kext, but builds take a while.
In between now and then, I have added a corrected Info.plist to the Probook github project, automatically installed by install_downloads.sh.

Now it works as expected here.
Wow! :clap::clap::clap:

Thank you for the investigation and fix!

Edit: Oh yeah, Siri works, woohoo!:headbang:

Last edited:
Read post #1 and try it.

tried and errored to some success. got clover working and installed high sierra / mojave is a large download. not sure what to do next.

collect all the stuff for clover or make a checklist from the various guides here?

make a checklist for specific things to do after success install mac osx via clover?

- the pbi days were much easier and quicker to get up and working on day to day stuff.

re-read guide, and read somewhere about using gpt guid for the disk, it was mbr, so i used mbr2gpt on windows cmd to change to gpt
- it only works only when windows is the only volume and os on the disk, removed other volumes.
have to re-install mac osx hs again. then install clover to the mac volume? or windows volume?

if i put mac osx on 1 seperate physical disk, and windows or linux with lvm on 1 separate physical disk, where to install clover?

can start fresh all over again - wipe both physical drives.

black friday sales = add another disk for very good bargain cost.

is there a good easy guide to setup macos on 1 disk, and win+linux on another disk? will clover play nice and show all os on 2 disks? rehabmans old triple multi boot guide and pbi, was good and easy to follow for non-clover.

thank you rehabman!

tried and errored to some success. got clover working and installed high sierra / mojave is a large download. not sure what to do next.

collect all the stuff for clover or make a checklist from the various guides here?

make a checklist for specific things to do after success install mac osx via clover?

- the pbi days were much easier and quicker to get up and working on day to day stuff.

re-read guide, and read somewhere about using gpt guid for the disk, it was mbr, so i used mbr2gpt on windows cmd to change to gpt
- it only works only when windows is the only volume and os on the disk, removed other volumes.
have to re-install mac osx hs again. then install clover to the mac volume? or windows volume?

if i put mac osx on 1 seperate physical disk, and windows or linux with lvm on 1 separate physical disk, where to install clover?

can start fresh all over again - wipe both physical drives.

black friday sales = add another disk for very good bargain cost.

is there a good easy guide to setup macos on 1 disk, and win+linux on another disk? will clover play nice and show all os on 2 disks? rehabmans old triple multi boot guide and pbi, was good and easy to follow for non-clover.

thank you rehabman!

If you have an issue, you must describe it with detail.
And you must attach problem reporting files.

People are really bad about reporting information regarding success here.
For the most part, no one writes unless they have a problem.

RehabMan,

I would like to report my success using your guide and thank you for creating it.

I'm posting this from a newly converted HP ProBook 450 G4
- Intel Core i7-7500U / HD Graphics 620
- BIOS ver 1.23
- Clover UEFI r4701
- 8B RAM
- Samsung 860 EVO SATA M.2 SSD (1TB)
- Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF 802.11AC 867Mbps BT 4.0 DW1560
- macOS Mojave 10.14.1

Some initial problems were encountered but were resolved when I upgraded to the latest BIOS.

Now, everything works great.

Thank you!

RehabMan,

I would like to report my success using your guide and thank you for creating it.

I'm posting this from a newly converted HP ProBook 450 G4
- Intel Core i7-7500U / HD Graphics 620
- BIOS ver 1.23
- Clover UEFI r4701
- 8B RAM
- Samsung 860 EVO SATA M.2 SSD (1TB)
- Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF 802.11AC 867Mbps BT 4.0 DW1560
- macOS Mojave 10.14.1

Some initial problems were encountered but were resolved when I upgraded to the latest BIOS.

Now, everything works great.

Thank you!

Nice to hear a success story.
(note: As you discovered, there are valid reasons for the guide to recommend latest BIOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back