Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I successfully installed High Sierra on my HP Elitebook 840 G2, now I have got another laptop HP Probook 470 G3
I am installing it for HP Probook 470 G3, I am not finding relevant DSDT/SSDT Patches.
Can anyone help ?

One more thing, can I used same SSD which is in Elitebook 840 G2 will not install from scratch instead will configure Clover and Config files. will that work?

Adeel

Same kexts are always installed regardless of model.
So only differences between models are in EFI/Clover (config.plist, ACPI/patched/*).

There is no kext in kexts/10.14. I''ll try on latest version of the clover and let you know.

The directory itself should not exist.

Same kexts are always installed regardless of model.
So only differences between models are in EFI/Clover (config.plist, ACPI/patched/*).

Thanks for the hint, I moved the same SSD into new laptop, and changed the EFI folder config file for relevant model.
After that I run installer scripts of probook repository, and everything is working sound, video etc. except battery icon is showing 0% on Charging it shows charging indicator but when I remove charger it shows red battery bar as like low battery.

Can it be fixed?

This ioreg shows graphics working, internal display detected.
Is there an image at the laptop screen at all (shine a bright light on the screen to detect basic graphics issues from backlight issues).

I wonder if it is something related to EDID with your 1600x900 display (1600x900 displays with macOS/OS X are notoriously problematic).

Did you remember to enable CSM/legacy boot?

Hi, Rehabman

Just to encourage others, I have a Zbook G3 Skylake 17 inch 1600x900. Updated from 10.13.5 to 10.14.1 and internal display is working fine, even after sleep/wake cycle. Great to know that the 1600x900 resolution is working fine.

Cant say about external displays, because the Nvidia Quadro M1000M is disabled, so no working HDMI and no thunderbolt 3, unfortunately

Thanks for the hint, I moved the same SSD into new laptop, and changed the EFI folder config file for relevant model.
After that I run installer scripts of probook repository, and everything is working sound, video etc. except battery icon is showing 0% on Charging it shows charging indicator but when I remove charger it shows red battery bar as like low battery.

Can it be fixed?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi, Rehabman

Just to encourage others, I have a Zbook G3 Skylake 17 inch 1600x900. Updated from 10.13.5 to 10.14.1 and internal display is working fine, even after sleep/wake cycle. Great to know that the 1600x900 resolution is working fine.

Cant say about external displays, because the Nvidia Quadro M1000M is disabled, so no working HDMI and no thunderbolt 3, unfortunately

Your profile needs fixing...
Please fix according to the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello RehabMan,

Here are the files you asked for Problem.
Zip includes following stuff.

Clover folder,
IOReg file
Terminal output for first commands
Terminal output for 2nd commands.

Adeel

Attachments

• problem-hp-probook-470g3.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 54

Can it be fixed?
Hello RehabMan,

Here are the files you asked for Problem.
Zip includes following stuff.

Clover folder,
IOReg file
Terminal output for first commands
Terminal output for 2nd commands.

Adeel

Make sure your BIOS is up-to-date (eg. latest from HP.com).

Just updated my 8470p with AMD 7570m Graphics to Mojave everything is working fine except the 7570m (I know it's problematic)...

I already tried to Inject ATI via Clover (tried FBname Ebi and Gari)
Also tried to inject EDID via Clover
But everything I try to do seems to make no change.

Any ideas to get it working properly?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-04 um 06.25.47.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-04 um 06.25.47.png
    28 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back