Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post your BIOS settings. I'm trying to avoid downgrading to High Sierra or lower

Just finished a test install with High Sierra and same issue. Display sleeps but wakes to black screen and can't get display back without hard shutdown by holding down the power button. El Capitan seems to be the last great hope and after that it must be a problem with my hardware although I have no idea where to look or what to replace in that scenario. I think I ruled out any issues with Samsung SSD as the test drive was an HDD. I'm feeling it might be the BIOS? The other user here on a virtually problem free 840 G2 said he was on a different BIOS revision so I may try downgrading and see what happens. Wish me luck

Hey, your black screen problem (maybe it should be a wake-up problem) I also encountered in 840g3, or follow the tips of post#1, upgrade bios to the latest version, and remove the bios settings - power management - deep sleep, enter After the system executes sudo kextcache -i / rebuild the cache. If this is still a problem, you can try to inject edid to solve the problem. In post#1Power Management Mentioned,
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
I don't know if you followed the prompts. If you don't try, I wish you all the best.

Hey, your black screen problem (maybe it should be a wake-up problem) I also encountered in 840g3, or follow the tips of post#1, upgrade bios to the latest version, and remove the bios settings - power management - deep sleep, enter After the system executes sudo kextcache -i / rebuild the cache. If this is still a problem, you can try to inject edid to solve the problem. In post#1Power Management Mentioned,
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
I don't know if you followed the prompts. If you don't try, I wish you all the best.

Hello and thank you so much for your advice. I followed the guide exactly as written and always use the suggested power management settings. I submitted problem reporting files to Rehabman and he never mentioned any errors in my setup beyond a few BIOS settings which had no effect with regards to the back screen issue.

I'm going to try your suggestions and report back. Thanks again! Btw when you say inject edid can you explain further?

Can you post your BIOS settings. I'm trying to avoid downgrading to High Sierra or lower

hy. IMG_2276.JPGIMG_2278.JPGIMG_2284.JPG

seems that I have updated bios as your version . did not knew tat . so we have same bios version.
those are my settings .

Attachments

• IMG_2280.JPG
    IMG_2280.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2281.JPG
    IMG_2281.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2282.JPG
    IMG_2282.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2283.JPG
    IMG_2283.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
Thank you so much for this advice Did you use Early 2015 13" profile because the CPU is very similar to ours or did you use early 2015 15" profile with CPU very different with HQ at the end? I got confused because I'm using a 13" Air profile on a 15" device.

I do not understand your question, it does not matter the size of the screen . mine is 13.9 inch, smbios as a MacBook Pro 12,1

Attachments

• Captură de ecran din 2018-10-28 la 06.56.31.png
    Captură de ecran din 2018-10-28 la 06.56.31.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Captură de ecran din 2018-10-28 la 06.56.46.png
    Captură de ecran din 2018-10-28 la 06.56.46.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Captură de ecran din 2018-10-28 la 06.57.17.png
    Captură de ecran din 2018-10-28 la 06.57.17.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
on a virtually problem free 840 G2

not virtually . truly problem free 840 g2 that works like a original MacBook . Thank you mr @RehabMan using this as a default computer at home .

mr. @RehabMan can you advise me to build a desktop based on intel NUC ?

not virtually . truly problem free 840 g2 that works like a original MacBook . Thank you mr @RehabMan
I said virtually because you were having the issue with booting straight to Mac. I'm happy to see you sorted that out and thanks for the BIOS settings!

I said virtually because you were having the issue with booting straight to Mac. I'm happy to see you sorted that out and thanks for the BIOS settings!
:)

@ibizalove maybe is some software that prevents laptop from sleep , something like uTorrent , or alike, or your bios settings . try using as mine . I assure you that mine works .allow some 15-20 (max) secs to enter sleep .

Guys just after fresh install of high sierra back cause I didn't liked Mojave much.
And as things changed much from last install I've done years back booting is now slightly slower with AppleALC, Lilu and others. Got one problem only. Sometime boot is really slow and got this booting verbose. Have a look on screenshot please.

Problem reporting files attached ;)
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5457.jpg
    IMG_5457.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Problem reporting Files Borygo77.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back